Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker Reviews

• Jul 15, 2020

Good film overall BUT here are its flaws: Why is it a PG with such a dark plot? Bill Nighy turns his head way too sharply

• Jul 11, 2020

I love this movie! The fast paced action scenes, world building and acting are spot on. This is one of those few adaptations that varies from the book but makes a superior movie, such as the original 3 Diary of a Wimpy Kid films. The characters are a strong aspect of what made this movie great. The writing differs from most book adaptations written by the author, of which most are not very good, eg: Fantastic Beasts 2, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul. It horribly underperformed and deserves way more attention.

• Jun 08, 2020

Alex Rider: Stormbreaker squanders an impressive cast and incredible source material to bring a cheap and tacky film instead. The action is either absurdly over the top or bland and the movie has no logic whatsoever. The choice to make it bigger and bolder than the books really doesn't work, and instead just makes the film feel a lot faker and artificial. It doesn't capture what made the books so great, so it is extremely disappointing.

• Jun 04, 2020

Great story but they forgot to light the sets. Looks like it was filmed on a camera phone

• Nov 11, 2019

Horrible acting, seems like the budget was not very big. I read the book and the movie is not what I expected. It seems much to fake for an action movie.

• Aug 16, 2019

Bad movie, the book was 1000 times better!!!

Bad movie, the book was 1000 times better!!!

• Jun 27, 2019

I thought it was great entertainment and very funny in places.

I thought it was great entertainment and very funny in places.

• Apr 03, 2019

They fucked this movie up on so many levels.

They fucked this movie up on so many levels.

• Mar 17, 2018

One of the worst film adaptations I've ever seen. This hurts me as a fan of the book series, seeing stunted performances that don't deliver any of the tension. The only saving grace was Stephen Fry as Smithers. Maybe one day a reboot series could happen, as this film is best left alone.

• Dec 25, 2017

when did I remember watching this before?

when did I remember watching this before?