The Story of Us - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Story of Us Reviews

½ January 7, 2017
An unhappy family of a novelist and a crossword writer is about to break up, but the power of habit saves the day and they decide to stay together. Eric Clapton's music would be wonderful in a chamber acoustical concert, but is absolutely out of place in a movie.
December 5, 2016
Maybe im a romantic...but this is one of my favorite movies..
November 26, 2016
If you haven't been through it, you just don't get it.
July 20, 2016
Esa parte me hace llorar
June 26, 2016
Do not be fooled into believing this is a romantic comedy because Rob Reiner directed it. It is depressing as hell, seeing a marriage fall apart. WTF? This movie cannot be labeled as a romantic comedy!!!!
June 15, 2016
Long time married couple ponder separation and divorce in this romantic yarn.
October 18, 2015
De nuestras favoritas!
½ May 28, 2015
A romantic comedy with neither chemistry or comedy just a long drag to the finish.
March 22, 2015
3/22/2015: A nice little story about a separated couple struggling with trying to save their marriage.
½ January 13, 2015
I don't know why so many people gave this movie such a low review. It is funny and heartfelt. It was a little predictable, but a hard truth often not faced today. "the magic is not in getting married; the magic is in staying married."
½ October 22, 2014
just so boring and plain. if I wanted to see a married couple go threw the thing they did I'd hang out with some of my married friends, and at least it would be real not Hollywood. But I dont want see my friend go threw that so why would I pay to see people so unhappy. if I could give it no stars I would have!!
June 24, 2014
too insipid for my taste.
½ June 11, 2014
A bit slow-moving, but it was unique. There are movies with similar plots, but none done quite like this one. It was very believable and real.
½ March 24, 2014
Could've been a better romantic comedy.
March 12, 2014
In college this movie was my favorite. I thought it had many valuable lessons to take away at the end. That said, ten years later, I feel quite differently.
½ March 5, 2014
I really enjoyed this romantic comedy. It documents a struggling couple and their past. Throughout the film we are taken back to memorable moments of their marriage good and bad. It adds a pretty good blend of humor and heart and shows how hard it can be to maintain marriage and have a family. I thought the chemistry between Phiefer and Willis was very underrated and the flashback aspect of the movie made it good.
January 15, 2014
Rob Rainer directs this little family drama about a couple going through various stages of crisis during their married life. it's not really optimistic but it's pleasant enough & the cast makes it much more interesting to look at than the core story. Nothing new but an ok film.
January 9, 2014
This didn't really work for me.
January 1, 2014
unlike many reviews of this film that I have read, I found the story to be wonderful. it proposes that all is not lost in a marriage when everything becomes fighting. sometimes you just have to work it out, because that is what marriage is all about. this couple reminded me so strongly of my parents, with their personalities and they way they love and the way they fight each other. It was a realistic depiction of marital problems with an ending that we don't see much anymore. With so much divorce, this movie should be required viewing for anyone getting married.
December 25, 2013
I enjoy this movie...as for the complaints about the chemistry between Willis and Pfeiffer...I don't see it, there are