Arrival Reviews

• Nov 26, 2020

Thought provoking, well acted and not treated as some far-fetched B movie. The premise doesn't sound groundbreaking on paper, but there is alot to be seen here including an emotional twist I didn't see coming.

• Nov 15, 2020

This movie was one of the most surprising movies I've ever seen for two reason. The first is when starting this movie on Netflix I had low expectations and just thought it was going to be another genaric sci fi but boy was I wrong. Secondly is that it has some of the best film editing I've ever seen in a movie especially when the big twist is revealed and what a twist it was! The movie has great performances, really good directing and is definitely in my top 5. Score: A+

• Nov 11, 2020

'Arrival' is a impeccably written and directed film with an amazing performance by Amy Adams, incredible production values, great cinematography and profound meaning; make this epic, beautiful, complex and even heartwarming flick, one of the most intelligent, mature and simply best sci-fi movies of all time (in my opinion). 5/5 - 10/10

• Nov 06, 2020

A bland over stylized bore far more interested in portraying a realistic rendition of an alien encounter instead of entertaining. Hallow and lifeless, Arrival moves at a snail's pace with only tidbits of ingenuity. Any attempt at emotional resonance comes of as sappy sentimentality and cheap cop outs to advance the extremely simplistic plot. Seek elsewhere, there is no intelligence to be found here.

• Oct 31, 2020

100% recomendada, te hace pensar durante y después

100% recomendada, te hace pensar durante y después

• Oct 27, 2020

Looking through my reviews, it's been crazy for me to realize how few movies I've given 5 stars. I try to reserve that only for the movies and shows that REALLY deserve it. Arrival does. It's complex, extremely well-acted, and visually stunning. It's practically impossible to explain the plot without spoiling it, so let me just say, go watch it and be amazed. And pay close attention...

• Oct 21, 2020

Slightly boring at times.

Slightly boring at times.

• Oct 19, 2020

What starts out great and promising unfortunately ends in a cheap, state of the art emotional fuss

• Oct 14, 2020

Denis Villeneuve is a director that just keeps getting better and better with each movie.

• Oct 11, 2020

Beside one, super huge logical hole/plot hole--large enough you can drive a semitruck through--the movie was very good.