Arrival Reviews

• 23h ago

This movie is special, I just watched it for the 2nd time and boy am I glad I did. even though it is on the "Dark Side" I love movies that really open your mind to other un comprehendable things. Pushing the mind to other level of thinking always win me over. I would of gave 5 stars my only issue was , I wish we got move info on how it ended with the aliens . Even though the ending was very brilliant , I think we the customer was weighting for. But Amy Adams is so passionate and really shows some amazing qualities in her acting. I look forward to more movies ike this.....

• Nov 26, 2019

Una película bien actuada y bellamente ejecutada, que logra problematizar temáticas tan humanas y universales como la comunicación, el miedo y la guerra, a través del relato de un original encuentro cercano del tercer tipo. Una lástima que todo eso se vea astronómicamente arruinado por culpa de un final forzado, cliché y completamente ajeno a las temáticas y preguntas que hacen esta película interesante. Devuélvanme mi dinero.

• Nov 16, 2019

-Trama: 1 -Actuacio: 0.8 -Direccio: 0.9 -Escenes: 0.8 -Missatge: 1 -Total: 4.5 -Altres: Bonissima, per tornarla a veure, el missatge es molt bo.

• Nov 15, 2019

I think this is a story that works in written but not a great cinematic experience.

• Nov 08, 2019

On my list of the top five science fiction movies of all time. Complex, unique story that breaks new ground in science fiction with an alien race that truly is new, despite all that we have seen before. Not a high-octane action movie, but one that is intelligent and makes you think. Award-deserving performance by Amy Adams plus music and sound design that is incredible.

• Nov 01, 2019

The Arrival was an incredible experience. The movie has an opposite premise compared to the other movies from its genre(Indepence Day, The War of the Worlds, etc). The Arrival parts from a premise of a friendly first contact between aliens and humans, when humans tries to develop a communication with the Heptapods. One of the things that I have admired in this movie was its atmosphere, the way the movie makes you feel immersed, the way that the events happen, the way humanity reacts from an alien visit from the movie tries hard to make a realistic scenario and succesfully achieves it! Since the scene where Dr. Louise Banks see the news from a televion and the first time she sees the alien spaceship. The movie, once again, succesfully makes you feel immersed and uncomfortable, it makes you ask to yourself: Who are they? And what do they want? When comes the scene which Louise and Ian are learning how to make contact with them I though that was fair. Although some linguistics affirms that one of their techniques was not one of the best, it felt realistic. More realistic parting from the assumption that the Heptapods had no difficulties in understanding them. One of the things, I can't consider if it's a con or not, but the movie struggles to be a realistic movie, from the alien visit to including the political scenario to the movie, but in the movie China and Russia are considered the most important countries of the planet, "each step China takes, other 12 nations will follow". And constant references of the Venezuela were made on the movie. That part actually wrapped my stomach, no country in the planet, even USA does not have this power, I've noticed that this part tried hard to make a propaganda for their political view, that didn't fit well in the movie. Needless to say. One of the things that caught my attention too was the camera angles, the movie began with the camera aiming at the ceiling and slowly pointing the camera to the scenario, the movie began and finished with this camera animation(this camera movement was repeated some times throughout the movie). The Arrival has its pros and flaws, I'll give it 4/5, the only part of the movie I didn't like was that forced political view propaganda, ignoring that, was a pleasant experience.

• Oct 31, 2019

Restrained and mature sci-fi.

Restrained and mature sci-fi.

• Oct 26, 2019

This film is genuinely incredible 👍

This film is genuinely incredible 👍

• Oct 19, 2019

The actress keeps breathing heavily, I know it's to show how the situation is, but they keep cutting to her and and filming her breathe for 5 seconds or more each time. They do it so often that it becomes annoying and irrelevant. I posed the movie because it was getting on my nerves, and had to skip a lot of parts so I won't hear her shitting breath

• Oct 19, 2019

Rotten is rotten. Ranked 94%-82% ?? I'm giving this film a 40%. People will suck at anything that is alien and coming out an Hollywood propaganda. 1)Very slow pace I had to speed it X1.5, I fell to sleep after 1 hr. Very few words; Enter vessel/ check symbols/ excretion. This film is bullshit. 2)An alien with 7 legs why? that isn't evolution. Four feet =horse 2 feet =human 7= is for trees. 3)If an Alien achieved space travel there AI would have permited to translate our language very easily. 4)You can't see past-present-future and live it, that is non- sense and for mentally retarded ppl. Conclusion: Very sluggish, the scenario is stupid. If you love this film you have dementia.