Straight Talk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Straight Talk Reviews

January 20, 2016
Yesterday I tried to get I phone 4 hooked up after waiting over a week for a sims card ,they said they had sent two but I never got them,after all day on the phone with them I finally got a answer that they could not hook it up ,but it was already hooked up to straight talk to start with .the phone was given to me and the oner said he had it hooked up with straight talk .I was told onces that the phone was hooked up when it wasn't ,I got to the point I could not understand the person on the phone and I would ask to talk to some one that could speak English ,but they would not get anyone they kept avoiding the answer to get some one .i have never had such a hart time getting a phone hooked up this happens ever time I have deal with them ,I helped my brother in law hoock his up and it went to the next day and it wasn't hooked up so I call back the next day and got his working finally after I spook with some one that speakers English ,while I was on the phone this one person was saying she hates this and I ask her what she said and she said nothing ,don't like it find another job just don't tell some one its hooked up or it can't be hooked up if u don't know ,if another company would offer what this one did I would not be with straight talk ,wish the company would get this straighten out ,but Iam sure nothing will be done about this complaint .
January 4, 2016
Everybody needs saving.

A simple small town girl arrives in the big city of Chicago with little going for her other than her good looks and big mouth. A man recognizes her talent and sticks her on the radio as the next big thing. He falls in love with her, but the simple girl stays in her lane and becomes bigger than her wildest imagination. The fame may be a gift and a curse.

"I'm really more of a lover than fighter."
"I can see that."

Barnet Kellman, director of Key Exchange, and episodes from the television series Designing Women, Mad About You, ER, Murphy Brown, and Ally McBeal, delivers Straight Talk. The storyline for this picture is very blah, 80s cliché (despite being a 90s film), and has mediocre writing. The cast delivers below par performances and includes Dolly Parton, James Woods, Michael Madsen, Teri Hatcher, Griffin Dunne, and John Sayles.

"Tinkle or get off the potty."

I recently came across this on Showtime Anytime and decided to randomly give it a viewing. This is okay, and fun to watch Dolly in her element; but the love story with her and James Woods was not believable and felt awkward. Overall, this is a below average romantic comedy that I wouldn't go too out of my way to see.

"I just tell the truth and the truth as I see it."

Grade: C-
March 31, 2014
dolly is gr8 in this rom-com
January 22, 2014
This is a fun Dolly movie her cute little sayings make it funny. I love her its a good time forget your problems and have fun kinda movie.
½ July 7, 2013
Strait Talk is a decent film. It is about a woman who ditches her small town life for big city Chicago, where she becomes a sensation as a radio show host. Dolly Parton and James Woods give good performances. The screenplay is enjoyable but a little slow in places. Barnet Kellman did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the romance and humor.
June 13, 2013
A workable story-line from a script with potential had it matured before being produced. May keep your attention and give you enough laughs for at least one viewing.
½ January 18, 2013
It's a comedy from 1992. It's bad, but a watchable bad.
January 9, 2013
My 2nd fav Dolly Parton movie!
½ October 29, 2012
OK good when you really just want to watch a bad movie.
July 16, 2012
Dolly Parton's best! This is a cracker jacker full of laughter, it entertains your mind and your heart forget DR.Phil. Ms.Dolly is now the love expert. when finding a job becomes a hassle, depserate Dolly applys for a Disc Jockey postion and walks out as the new Doctor Love for radio. People love her because shes sensible, relative and not giving the 411 thats out of Psychiatry books. Straight talk gives it to you rather then beating around the bush. Great comedy-chick flick.
April 13, 2012
I am such a Dolly Fan
March 24, 2012
"I'll tell you where I trained, I trained at Screw You!"
½ December 27, 2011
Dolly Parton and James Woods make for a very bizarre romantic duo. Surprisingly, this film was kind of entertaining and likeable. Michael Madsen is pretty decent as the ex-boyfriend.
December 20, 2011
It's a cute romantic film but it's not cute enough to like. I enjoy Dolly but that's about it.
May 27, 2011
Look, I have a dirty little secret. I find Dolly Parton awfully endearing. STRAIGHT TALK is not a good movie, but I'd never pass up an opportunity to watch Dolly Parton give folksy advice with a spunky attitude. Call it a guilty pleasure if you want, but it's a pleasure regardless.
½ May 21, 2011
Funny, strong lead character
½ May 11, 2011
Sometimes you just gotta honk your own horn or else no one is gonna know you're comin'

Love Dolly Parton and love this movie, total Cinderella type romantic comedy. Great soundtrack too.
May 11, 2011
An okay romantic comedy with Dolly Parton and James Woods, who are a strange pair to have in a movie together in the first place. I saw this on TV a while ago, and it's a typical story. It's kinda funny at least, but overall, nothing special.
½ March 11, 2011
I quiet enjoyed this little cute film...Dolly Parton is really great as the lead...there is something about her that is very likable...she played a very down to earth interesting character...James Woods was quiet good as well...some times all we need is a simple nice film to watch...and this is a great example of that...