Straight Talk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Straight Talk Reviews

August 14, 2010
I know i shouldnt like this movie but i love dolly parton. She is so sweet and cute.
May 3, 2010
Dolly was delightful as always and this was a lovely film
February 27, 2010
I LOVE Dolly. She is a beautiful person, and she dresses like the town tramp, and is proud of it. Very cute movie!
½ February 6, 2010
Dolly Parton's charisma makes this ridiculously lightweight comedy an enjoyable watch.
January 8, 2010
Cute and kinda' funny in a weird sorta way"
November 13, 2009
This is indeed predictable, Dolly Parton can't act, but she has such a charming personality it doesn't really matter. I enjoyed the film, in spite of it's obvious flaws, thank mostly to the presence of Parton. Great score, good use of Chicago locales.
November 13, 2009
I love this movie!!! Dolly Parton is a winner in this hilarious comedy.
September 16, 2009
A very charming and down-home film. Dolly Parton is basically her sweet, caring, lovable self. This is a movie that anyone who just wanted to prove to someone that they could do something, or prove to themselves that they can be someone can relate to. A must see, you will enjoy it.
September 6, 2009
dolly is a national treasure
½ April 30, 2009
great movie!

I just wish that it were longer!
½ January 29, 2009
It's all about Dolly, her new job allowing her to rail against unworthy men, pompous professionals and attaching too much significance to one's possessions, all while driving around in a big pink Chevy to a soundtrack of her own empowering ballads. Fluff, really, but personalities far less agreeable have taken us on ego trips much less diverting, and the film's romantic variables now appear so unlikely (Dolly with James Woods? Dolly with Michael Madsen? Dolly with anyone other than her stylist?) that predictability is never an issue.
January 17, 2009
I love this movie! dolly is so amazing. This movie is funny, cute and bittersweet.

"Get down off the cross, honey, somebody needs the wood!"
November 2, 2008
Cheesy and predictable, but Dolly Parton is such a joy to watch that you will forget how lame it is and fall in love with her.
½ October 28, 2008
Contrived triffle of a movie gets by solely on the charms of Dolly Parton and Griffin Dunne. Horribly dated, paint-by-number plot and performances, but Dolly's smile made me forget about that stuff.
October 3, 2008
great film and loved all the fantastic songs sung by Dolly!
September 19, 2008
Great film, and really loved the songs in the bg!!!:)
September 7, 2008
formulaic and stereotypical, but full of charm, due to the leading lady of course! not a favourite, but not a bad way to pass some time!
½ September 2, 2008
Dolly Parton is by far the best part of this movie
July 30, 2008
Amazing film, one of my favourites in my DVD collection!
Dolly is perfect as Shirlee and the soundtrack is outstanding! Love it, can't say anything about it on a bad note. I love Dolly :)