Straight Talk - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Straight Talk Reviews

½ July 27, 2008
funny with some good lines
½ July 18, 2008
So-so movie.....kind of a feel good kind of movie...
½ July 13, 2008
fun time movie! love dolly!
½ June 14, 2008
DELIGHFUL, sunny movie with Dolly Parton just as charming as ever. Don't get me wrong: the movie has it's flaws (absolutely NO chemistry between Dolly & James Woods for one), but it sure is fun. Perhaps a guilty pleasure. We all have em...
June 9, 2008
Though certainly lightweight and silly, this movie is a more or less entertaining way to kill an hour and a half. Perhaps its due to the relief of seeing Dolly in something that's actually watchable, after the fratboy hijinks of 'Rhinestone' and the icky-sweet sentimentality of 'Steel Magnolias'. Though it sounds absurd on paper, Dolly and James Woods actually play well off of one another (she's sunny and lighthearted, and he's cynical and urban -- it's an 'opposites attract' story, that actually put me in mind of Streisand and Redford in 'The Way We Were'). Completely farfetched, of course, is is usually the case with romantic comedies (Dolly and the radio station scams her listeners for months, presenting her as a PhD, and when it all comes out in the wash, no one sues or presses charges ???) but in a post-911 world of climate change and infliation and rising gas prices and being terrified to get on an airplane, perhaps realism is slightly over-rated.
½ June 5, 2008
I enjoyed this silly movie! Dolly Parton was funny as usual and James Woods is such a pro in acting. I like movies that portray justice even in small ways.

Even though I'm not a country music fan, I really enjoyed Dolly Parton's soundtrack for this film, too!
½ June 1, 2008
OK good when you really just want to watch a bad movie.
May 26, 2008
Dolly Parton plays a woman from a small town who leaves for the big city. She realizes that finding a job with no qualifications is hard. When she enters a radio station to apply for a job, she is mistaken for an on air psychologist. SHe uses all of her down home advice to help the listners and warms her way into eveyone's hearts.
May 25, 2008
Simply brilliant!! Excellent 1 liners & just a feel good movie with an amazing soundtrack! can never get enough of this movie - it;s one of my all time favs! :D
May 7, 2008
Kind of funny and cute as mindless movies go. Takes place in one of those parallel universes that resemble our own but people somehow never really have to deal with consequences AT ALL.
May 1, 2008
The finest example of a film from the early 90s.
½ April 3, 2008
Dolly Parton has some BIG titties
April 2, 2008
I think the theme song for this movie is: "Let's Give 'em Somethin' to Talk about"; enough said.
March 29, 2008
good for some parts, but it lacks in realism
March 7, 2008
a good comedy that is has great character
February 28, 2008
This movie is amazing! Has always been a favourite, and always will be. Dolly simply shines in this romantic comedy with James Woods. If you haven't seen it - you must! Even if you're not a Dolly fan (shock!) you'll enjoy this movie. :)
½ February 1, 2008
The one lingers alone are enough to make this film worth watching.
Get off the cross, somebody else needs the wood. *LOL*
January 26, 2008
again awful but awesome
½ January 9, 2008
From now on when I'm bored, I plan to read a book instead of watching Sunday afternoon movies.
January 6, 2008
just another funny movie..