Stranded - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stranded Reviews

½ November 5, 2015
October 20, 2015
Definitely one of the worst sci-fi films ever created.
½ October 20, 2015
Unprofessional debut that doesn't even deserve to belong to the SciFi genre. The story is so unrealistic even for an alien movie and the cast gave one of the worst possible performances in movie history.
September 9, 2015
I gave this 2 stars based solely on Christian Slater, because it was his name, in truth, thsat pulled me in to watch the film. But while i find it hilarious that Rotten Tomatoes gave it a record review of 0% which I've never seen before, I totally agree.

I knew this movie was going to be a disaster and on Netflix, I've only watched it up until the "shower scene" after the character "Ava or Eva or Cameron" who's got 3 different names, returns successfully from fixing a leak and is forced to go take a shower---a shower that destroyed the entire film for me, not that I give a care about shower scenes, but my first internal comment was, "What is wrong with her body?" Then I realized, she's wearing some sort of nightgown or short skirt coverall or whatever and isn't actually naked. But it's not the nudity thing I am bothered by, it's the fact you can totally see this visible flaw and it adds to the overall corniness and "sweded" filmmaking!

Lastly, what's up with the strange irony of the two writers, one of which directed the film, named Christian -- director's last name, writer's first name -- and their star of course, Christian as well. Honestly, in a weird way, that just bugged me out and made me feel the blatant corny, cheapness of the film and I don't even desire to finish it. This is my first review. Hope it helped but obviously a 0% is enough to do that.
½ September 8, 2015
For A "Moon Base" It Appeared To Have A Surprising Amount Of Gravity...Given Our Moon Has 17% Equivalent Of Earths Gravity, These Stranded Individuals Seemed To Be Fine To Run Around & Escape, As Best They Could On Foot. This Flaw As With Much Of The Ensuing Story, Annoyed Me..Thus, I Found It Lame.
½ March 15, 2015
Was barely in focus, and made no sense.
½ October 8, 2014
Horrible moon visual effects. Also the people on the base are so stupid. It just doesn't make sense.
September 23, 2014
Visually cheap, shoddily made and heavily short on thrills, Stranded adds another disappointing effort from the once-remarkably talented Christian Slater and failed attempt for director Roger Christian to make up for the 2000 critical and commercial disaster 'Battlefield Earth'.
September 21, 2014
Not bad for a b movie
½ September 17, 2014
Thursday, September 4, 2014

(2013) Stranded

Co- written and directed by Roger Christian, you know the guy who was responsible for directing one of the biggest flops in movie history called "Battlefield Earth". Is it possible for a director to direct a movie that is much worst than his previous science-fiction effort, then look no further. This low budget and straight to rental flick starring Christian Slater as Gerald, the captain of the crew has to be one of the worst pieces of garbage I had ever saw. And yes, it's even worst than "Battlefield Earth" the movie that placed John Travolta's movie career to a complete halt. The movie revolves around a situation where a meteor shower were to happen stranding a group of people stuck on a moon base or colony we're oblivious where it's located. And after the meteor shower was all over, Lieutenant Ava(Amy Matysio) volunteers to perform a task which has something to do with securing the facility since part of it had already ben destroyed, she does the stupid thing by picking up some of the meteor samples taking it with her to be tested before taking it to the lab where she then stupidly gets herself infected. Then the next thing you know it becomes another cheap and dumb, perhaps the low budget equivalent of an 'alien' movie. At this point, while the alien was being stuck on this moon base, it was still developing itself. And let me tell you, as soon as we finally get to see how this alien being was supposed to look like in it's natural form, the beast as it turns out is nothing we haven't seen already since it resembles the same type of aliens as "Predator" and the "Resident Evil" films.

September 13, 2014
Predictable, poor musical/scoring choices,
standard scifi tropes ie. isolation, cabin fever, distrust, alien parasite, infection, 1 hot chick with multiple guys, paranoia and uncertainty.
The movements of the plot could not have been more clearly telegraphed.
The actors are ok but have a boring, functional and expository script to work with.
All in all, a wasted effort. The same things have been done better before, with more style and substance.
'Prometheus' and it's predecessors (Alien, Aliens) explored the same ideas (alien infection/pregnancy, rapidly accelerated growth, blowing it out the airlock, escaping in an escape pod) in a more interesting and profound ways.
Why someone bothered to poorly replicate this is beyond my understanding.
The ending made no sense (hold breath for 3.5 minutes while running... okay) but was predictable as hell. Really? The parasite's on earth now? What a damn surprise.
In short: derivative, sub-par, and a waste of everybody's time, including the audience's.
September 10, 2014
Not too bad looking for a low-budget sci-fi space movie. As per usual in the modern film industry age it's the story and acting that ultimately lets it down.
½ August 2, 2014
Astronauts are some of the most intelligent people in the history of human civilization who are psychologically screened and trained incredibly well to foresee and competently handle a variety of possible crises and disasters. Of course when something like the International Space Station costs over $100 Billion, you'd need to make damn sure it's in good hands.

So you can quickly spot shitty sci-fi when all the astronauts are complete bumblings idiots and emotional unstable dramawhores who catastrophically fumble the most simple and basic of tasks.

Yep. This is another one of those. And it delivers garbage writing in spades. Avoid at all costs.
July 28, 2014
It's bad save your soul , don't wach it!
½ July 9, 2014
If I tried to explain the plot, you would think I was insane. Lowest. Budget. Ever. Christian Slater....what happened? This is as far in the opposite direction from True Romance as possible. So bad. So, so bad. The fact that this was even made shows we are very much alone. There is no hope.
May 15, 2014
In addition to being a horrendous display of "acting" this movie stands as one of the poorest written I have ever seen. The script was devoid of logic, originality, realsim, believable characters, or tolerable dialogue. Ever beat of the action from opening scene to credits left me saying "what?!?" or "come the hell on." This wasn't comically bad like those fun to watch but horrid B-movies, this was saddeningly bad.
½ April 29, 2014
So incredibly boring.
½ April 7, 2014

IT'S space, as well as several other well known sci fi flicks.
½ April 2, 2014
Derivative tripe, Stranded is a piece of garbage that's not even fit to air on the SyFy Channel. The acting is terrible and the sets look like they came from a cheap model kit. Additionally, the plot's little more than a bad knock-off of Alien. It's pathetic crap like this that gives sci-fi a bad name.
March 20, 2014
there's nothing really wrong with this film but there is nothing really right with it either. It's all been done before and in most cases with more style. For a low budget sci-fi horror that is a throwback to the classic Alien its ok - but you would be better off watching Alien again instead.