Strange Brew - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Strange Brew Reviews

October 4, 2016
Pretty stupid, but there are priceless, hilarious and unforgettable moments that allow you to overlook the shortcomings of the plot.
½ July 18, 2016
Starts out really great, and it has parts here and there that are good.
May 31, 2016
Watched this for the 2nd time in 2 years, I have always had a special place for this film as I grew-up watching it and it's so full of Canadiana. I don't feel I can review this film objectively, but i really enjoy it and find it hilarious. Max Van Sydow adds a touch of class to the proceedings and seems to be having fun. A must watch for all Canadians, but anyone can enjoy it.
February 23, 2016
Love this movie! Nostalgia obviously hit me hard with this one. But give it a chance if you like beavis and butt head type comedy. Loved the premise. love the concept for the characters. wish they would have done more with them.
½ January 24, 2016
Strange movie, but pretty funny.
½ January 16, 2016
"This movie was shot in 3-B. 3 beers and it's good eh."
May 25, 2015
Very funny movie with the characters of "The Great White North" from SCTV. Quite a few memorable one liners, this movie is hilarious.
May 23, 2015
First off, this film is rated PG, not R as Flixster is saying. Secondly, classic. Totally goofy, silly & hilarious. My sisters recorded this off of cable back in '83 and I proceeded to wear it out. Thomas & Moranis are geniuses.
April 11, 2015
Undervalued 80's comedy that just is fun to watch.
March 14, 2015
wow that takes me back...
January 9, 2015
Tried watching it. Was just to stupid.
½ October 28, 2014
A great little Canadian classic comedy that doesn't take itself too serious. Unique story with the likeable pair. The plot does fall flat and it is really stupid, but entertaining! Reminds me of Halloween 3, but silly.
September 12, 2014
Flags a bit in the second half, but overall it's an original comedy with more than its fair share of quotable lines and laughs.
August 11, 2014
(First and only viewing - 11/11/2008)
April 19, 2014
If you haven't seen this movie and you are a Canadian that is old enough to remember the 80s then this movie is probably the funniest movie you've never seen. Give in to the dark side of the force you knob!
March 16, 2014
I love this movie!!!
February 4, 2014
Greatest movie of all time
½ January 7, 2014
Seriously dumb. But that's the point.
October 17, 2013
Written and directed by Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas, Strange Brew puts a hilarious new spin on Shakespeare's immortal classic Hamlet. When Bob and Doug McKenzie attempt to scam free beer from Elsinore brewery they're given jobs at the plant, and are used as pawns in the power struggle for control of the company between Pam Elsinore and her usurping uncle. Moranis and Thomas give great performances as Bob and Doug McKenzie, and make for a hysterical and charismatic duo. Additionally, the comedy is especial well-written; featuring some clever sketches that are full of laughs. Incredibly funny, Strange Brew is a beauty comedy, eh.
October 7, 2013
if in a thousand years, aliens found the ruins and destruction of the human race, and only discovered this movie as a testament to humanity, that would be just fine.