Strange Brew - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Strange Brew Reviews

October 7, 2013
if in a thousand years, aliens found the ruins and destruction of the human race, and only discovered this movie as a testament to humanity, that would be just fine.
September 17, 2013
Two idiotic brothers are ordered by their dad to get more beer at the local brewery. While they are there they end up getting jobs and end up finding out the owner has plans of ruling the world. This is pretty much as dumb as you can get. There are times were it is comical but for the most part it's pretty stupid. Pretty good cast though including paul dooley, max van syndow, and of course the always enjoyable Rick moranis. This movie is pretty strange but for the most part it is watchable but extremely dumb.
½ August 4, 2013
The "McKenzie Brothers" sketches served their purpose creating the most offensive Canadians on television to protest restrictions on "offensive Canadian stereotypes" on television. But it's not a sketch that's suitable for making a 90-minute movie. The humor ranges from the absurd to the absolutely grating. Turn off your brain if you're going to watch "Strange Brew."
½ July 24, 2013
Maybe you just need to be Canadian to fully appreciate this one, but I found it to be annoying and powerfully unfunny.
½ July 21, 2013
Classic goofy comedy.
½ April 30, 2013
Some old-school Canadian stereotypes brought by the loveable characters played by Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis. The plot is absurd and it certainly isn't one of the great cinematic masterpieces of our time, but like everything else in Canada...it's fairly enjoyable if you bring a case of beer with you to it!
½ April 29, 2013
Ever beer loves guide on how to live!
½ April 20, 2013
Have you seen this, it's a beauty--The grand-daddy of the "dumb-guy" movies!!
April 19, 2013
I think they've got the wrong year listed here. Anyways, as a Canadian, I'm really happy to see a big budget comedy set in my homeland. A real rarity. Bob and Doug are hilarious characters, but unfortunately the movie falls apart quite quickly. I think they worked a lot better in small doses.
February 23, 2013
Truly the goofiest and most buzzed movie I have ever seen.
½ January 22, 2013
Pretty amusing. And a not too shabby retelling of Hamlet.
December 29, 2012
My favorite scene in any movie is when the police diver knocks on the window of the van and he presents his driver license.
December 20, 2012
Any movie with a character named Brewmeister Smith automatically gets at least 3 stars, eh.
December 13, 2012
This one is a classic, and still one of my favorite all-time movies. I never quit laughing, even though I've seen it at least 40 times.
December 4, 2012
A 100 percent accurate representation of Canada.
½ October 21, 2012
HILARIOUS!!! in a weird, dysfunctional sort of way...
½ September 22, 2012
6/30/07 - Strange Brew was not quite as funny as I had remembered - maybe it didn't age well (or maybe I haven't aged well!). There are some good stand up bits with a pretty cheesy storyline. There are quite a few funny parts though with lots of good lines (two bowls of split plea soup to go, eh?).
September 20, 2012
are you kidding? this is one of my all time favourite movies! everything Bob and Doug do and say make me pee my pants! i want to change my dogs name to Hozehead!
September 20, 2012
A funny Canadian classic that should be seen by everyone

BUY

Now take off you hoser
½ August 24, 2012
The plot was too bizarre for my taste, but the chemistry between the stars made for some hilarious moments.