Stranger - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stranger Reviews

March 8, 2015
This plays like a slow made-for-tv drama where it shows boring flashbacks and boring dialog in between Steve Austin getting his ass kicked. It had potential if the director wasn't about slow-paced talking in place of what was supposed to be an action flick.
½ May 21, 2013
½ January 13, 2012
nice movie, Steve always plays a good part.
½ January 9, 2012
Monday, January 9, 2012

(2010) Stranger
ACTION/ THRILLER

Straight to rental low budget version of ex- WWE wrestler turned actor Steve Austin doing the Jason Bourne role as he's playing an amnesiac with people after him which includes the FBI and his doctor. And at the same time he's running away, he gets flashbacks without figuring out what they really mean. The action is kind of short and dismissal with some of the worst acting anybody had ever done.

1 out of 4
October 18, 2011
I liked every Austin movie made so far.... except this one... I was expecting alot of action to make up for the sub-par acting... Didnt happen... 2/10
June 4, 2011
just 1 i am not into BUT by all means do have a look
xxdebxx
June 1, 2011
Former WWE superstar turned action star STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN, stars as a man on the run from the Police, FBI, The Russian Mafia and his psychiatrist named Grace Bishop (Erica Cerra). Austin spends much of the movie trying to figure out who he is and we are bombarded with flashbacks mostly centered on his wife and daughter apparently being killed while he's mixed up in some dangerous sting operation involving millions of dollars. Austin discovers he can't trust anybody, especially many of those who are attempting to "help him" because they have other agendas on their mind.

I thought Steve himself was pretty good speaking in Russian, Spanish and English and just being an all-around decent lead but there's not much to say beyond that as we're teased with these blurry, quick flashbacks that pretty much dominate the film and only succeeded in annoying me. This is mostly a psychological drama/thriller that would probably be enjoyed by dedicated Stone Cold Steve Austin fans.
½ September 16, 2010
nice movie, Steve always plays a good part.
September 2, 2010
Started out that it seemed interesting enough even with shaky camera work. The Movie is basically a Bourne Identity knock off.. I think by halfway through I was bored of it. The action seemed slow & really Oh Hum? although I?m sure anyone that was into wrestling while Austin was, would probably like it for that fact. F
½ August 13, 2010
I gave this film a chance but overall I just couldn't get into it. Austin played his role pretty well but I had a hard time following the plot, not because I didn't understand it, but because I felt like the plot was a bit too dry. However I thought some of the fight scenes came off pretty good I must say. My only other criticism is that it felt like it was a bit of a copy of the Bourne films in that the main protagonist loses his memory and tries to retrace and piece back together what happened.
½ August 9, 2010
Sick day and its raining out and their is nothing else on cable. Yeah, wait for cable, nothing spectacular. Not worth the money on an individual rental. But, if you see it on cable, go ahead and kill a couple of hours.
½ July 30, 2010
I had the HUGE expectation that this would be worth my while...I was sorely disappointed....a cat and mouse chase that leaves you hanging in the end...of a very long list of expectations for better films from "Stone Cold" (((((LMAO)))))
½ July 26, 2010
An explosive and riveting action-thriller. A cool, hard-edged and relentlessly exciting movie that's loaded with hard-hitting action and searing suspense. A surprisingly effective, very entertaining and sensational independent film. The suspense snaps and sparks like live wire and has you guessing right to the very end. A mind-breaking action-packed ride. Steve Austin is terrific. Adam Beach is excellent.
½ July 4, 2010
If you're watching this one based on the cover shot then watch out. The Stranger is not the unintentionally laughable action romp I expected, and there's maybe like one wrestling move (for anyone that cares). In fact this is a film with a real plot and a half-decent concept that's marred by a lack of budget and shallow pool of acting talent. To be fair to the man, Stone Cold holds his own in the lead and is certainly a better actor than the ridiculous John Cena. The whole affair just feels cheap and the action is sparse and spasmodic. What's perhaps strangest of all is that, in a sense, the real hardcore, revenge flick lurking beneath the surface only really gets going in the final five minutes of the running time, and that's the film everyone wanted to see.
½ June 29, 2010
I was lost the whole movie, never really understood what was going on. But the idea was alright.
½ June 15, 2010
This movie would have been better if it was an action movie and had not problems that hamper it from top to bottom. It simply has no good aspects; it has nothing but lame forgetable characters, bad writing, bad plot progression, a plot that goes nowhere, really mediocre amateur camerawork that shakes a lot, awful action scenes and bad acting. This movie was only made to use a WWE wrestler's face to sell a bad movie. This is has nbeen done many times before and most films of this kind are shitty timewasters like "See No Evil," "The Condemned," "The Marine 2" and "12 Rounds." Stay far away from this flick as possible. -3.5/10
June 13, 2010
*1/2 (out of four)

Maybe the film should have been called "The Absent-Minded Stranger" since both it's lead character and the script seems to be forgetting something, namely a coherant plot and believable characters.

Wrestling superstar Steve Austin stars as a man on the run from the Seattle FBI. His problem is he doesn't know why he's on the run. He just is. Naturally he succuessfully kicks some butt while he's moving from place to place and a sexy female doctor is trying to help him.

The film is pretty empty headed and the script is very disjointed. As the FBI Agent, poor Adam Beach is at least working as an actor, but this is a far cry from his great performances years ago in films like "Smoke Signals" and "Flags of Our Fathers". Austin doesn't fair too well either. His silly character keeps forgetting everything that has just happened. He asks "Who are you?" so much that he was beginning to sound like the three Willy Brothers from "Home on the Range".

I think maybe Austin would be better suited to sticking with something that is a little better scripted...like his wrestling shows.