Les égarés (Strayed) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Les égarés (Strayed) Reviews

½ December 12, 2012
could not understand language
½ September 17, 2012
I like Gaspard Ulliel, but not in this movie...
June 7, 2012
Its slow pace makes me bored.
½ January 19, 2012
I dont know a hoot about French history. Nevertheless I enjoyed this movie a lot. Although it's a story of a Parisian family running away from war, this is not exactly a period war movie. it deals with the struggles of a family to survive, and the relation between a widowed mother and a young stranger.
DrStrangeblog
½ October 13, 2011
Once the end credits roll, you may think to yourself that Les Egarés doesn't add up to much. Or you may see it like me and find a lot of value in those little pieces. The film follows a mother and her son & daughter fleeing from Paris in June 1940 as the Nazis invade. Soon they encounter a streetwise - or in this case, countrywise - youth who knows more about survival than the three of them combined. They stumble upon an abandoned luxury house far from the German warpath and have serious choices to make about their futures.

I learned a little bit about the hardships of French citizens during the WW II occupation and experienced a little bit of rushing fear as German planes drop their bombs. The 4-way dynamic between the characters forms the core of the film with the varying degrees of experience each person has creating a separate layer to explore: the hopeful yet pragmatic mother, the bluntly realistic loyal son, the quizzical innocent young daughter, and the bold resourceful stranger who is not all he claims to be. Emmanuelle Béart delivers a strong, resolute performance, as does newcomer Gaspard Ulliel. The other child actors also contribute seamlessly, which is vitally important since Béart is the only adult present during most of the film. The ending came rather unexpectedly & reminded me of Cuckoo's Nest without the underlying inspirational message. Nevertheless, with Les Egarés I found the parts greater than the sum.
June 5, 2011
Great WWII civilian movie taking place in France!
May 1, 2011
pretty good child acting, and like odile, i found the prolonged lack of time with adults in this film somewhat tiring and desolate, amid the backdrop of fleeing and uncertain survival. Still, their quick reliance on Yvan mixed with prudent mistrust was acted rather well, though its tense culmination was disappointing (and seemed somewhat unheralded). a pity, considering this might've been a sweet vignette film on the suffering of war refugees.
April 25, 2011
i like Odile's children, especially the little girl :) a good play on the contrast between good and evil.
½ February 22, 2011
A very unusual story on a family and and a mentally unstable boy all are in the damage of second world war....a movie which will give you real thoughts about human affairs and relation.
½ January 15, 2011
December 13, 2010
There's nothing remarkable on this movie. The characters are completely annoying and uncapable to inspire any kind of sympathy. The editing is terrible, the performances are bad aswell, it's a story that wasn't worthy of being told because lacks interest.
September 3, 2010
Ce Téchiné est assez décevant. Film historique situé dans le contexte de la débacle de 40, cette mère de famille séduite par un adolescent délinquant est une histoire sans couleur ni saveur. Bof.
June 17, 2010
(** 1/2): Thumbs Down

The story is interesting and the cast is good but I grew too bored with it as it went along. A near-miss.
February 6, 2010
Quite the intreating movie I must say. Lots of interesting twists. Gaspard was great as always. Enjoyed it nonetheless. Interesting to watch as well. The ending was quite rough. Too abrupt. Pretty sad also...
December 31, 2009
Im sorry but it was too dry and close to a realistic situation. If i wanted that, id start reading archives and listening to grandma's telling stories.
½ October 27, 2009
Les Egares was a beautiful war drama. The story was understandable why the French people had to escape from Paris when it was invaded by the Germans. Emmanuelle Beart played Odile a schoolteacher who escaped from Paris with her 2 children, on the road her car was bombed by German airplanes. She was helped by Yvan,good performed by Gaspard Ulliel. They ran into the forest and found a house, where they stayed for some days. Yvan was only 17 years old but even so he was desiring Odile, which was way older then him. Their love scene was very sensual and erotic.I was amazed by the beauty of this French actress.The story was real, attractive, original and good.
mvieaddict
½ October 27, 2009
Les Égarés was a beautiful war drama. The story was understandable why the French people had to escape from Paris when it was invaded by the Germans. Emmanuelle Beart played Odile a schoolteacher who escaped from Paris with her 2 children, on the road her car was bombed by German airplanes. She was helped by Yvan,good performed by Gaspard Ulliel. They ran into the forest and found a house, where they stayed for some days. Yvan was only 17 years old but even so he was desiring Odile, which was way older then him. Their love scene was very sensual and erotic.I was amazed by the beauty of this French actress.The story was real, attractive, original and good.
March 22, 2009
A watchable fim set in the backdrop of beckoning of World War II in France. A woman (Emmanuelle Beart) is fleeing Paris to south with her children after her husband was shot dead in the battle. On the road her car was bombed and she has to take shelter in a home at a deserted village, guided by a teenage she just mate. Their relationship gathers a momentum as they struggle to survive on a desolate house. Nothing extraordinary.
January 16, 2009
"this is the only way I know how to do it" I was laughing so hard. the ending sucked. I really only watched it b/c Gaspard Ulliel was in it.
September 23, 2008
i liked the transition the mom and his relationship took. it was a beautiful movie.