Street Fighter Zero (Street Fighter Alpha) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Street Fighter Zero (Street Fighter Alpha) Reviews

½ April 23, 2015
The movie was slow from the start and had little to no good action. If it was going to be a movie based more on struggle rather than fighting than at least make it a little more intense. Not to mention that I've fell asleep within 30 to 40 minutes of the movie.
January 19, 2015
No way near as good as the first
September 3, 2014
Not really the street fighter story . SF V is better.
October 23, 2013
Ryu is the protagonist, he struggles with Dark Hadou. I was a fan of Blanka and E. Honda, who don't even appear. The fights are sparse, but Zangief and Vega impress. Ken and Ryu's feet are freaky. Dhalsim and Guile make all-too-brief cameos. It would have been nice to see Ryu beat Sagat in a flashback, or why Final Fight joined Street Fighter, but that's another story I guess. This one is about Ryu, his younger brother, a mad scientist and his android.
August 3, 2013
Compared to Street Fighter II this is just shit. The English dub is atrocious. Except for Steve Blum, that guy is awesome. I'm also not the biggest fan of this type of animation. I loved how they had to show a shot of Chun-Li's ass and/or crotch in every scene she's in. Gotta love those perverted little Japanese dudes. The story's main focus is on Ryu and his fight against the dark hadu (it's kind of like the dark side). Ryu also never fights Acuma, just this retarded evil scientist who wants to the dark hadu to take over the world. If you're a Street Fighter fan and you still have not seen this, do yourself a favor and don't waste your time.
January 16, 2013
This is a really good film not as good as the second one but good in its own way. The fight scenes are good and so are the graphics. If your a fan of the game, anime or just a fan of streetfighter then you will like it.
December 7, 2012
Want to see at some point in the future! A treat !
September 15, 2012
just like street fighter 2.. superb storytelling..
April 22, 2012
Akuma. Street fighter. If those two statements matter, watch.
April 3, 2012
visulay very impressive. Script and plot are lacking.Dissapointing. has lots of fighting scenes.
½ March 19, 2012
The movie ruined once that kid enters the screen and find out how they made zangief a monster instead of a wrestler to show young russian kids what hard work can accomplish and in the movie it beating up a kid then getting you ass kicked by that kid
December 21, 2011
Nice, but you can obviously see that they have concentrated on muscles and sexuality... and that spoils the mood. The end is a little bit disappointment, but that can be forgiven. I have not played the games yet so they might be somehow same kind with the camera angles (I hope not). Decent anime, waiting for to see Tekken-anime.
December 4, 2011
the art is so cool the action is intense but there is some very awkward scenes and the camera seems to always to close on chun-li lady parts either than that its a good film based on the game
½ October 23, 2011
Bleh, not really canon the the games' storyline, and where the heck is M. Bison?
June 2, 2011
Not origin SF Zero story, worth a watch btw
May 18, 2011
It is all the great art and cinematic beauty you wanted in the first. Also, the more adult tone you were looking for in the first. But it lacks CHARACTERS! No M. Bison. No E. Honda. This basically felt like a side story to Ryu's life. But don't get me wrong, I did enjoy this. The fight scenes for the actual street fighter tournament were extra bloody which always scores points in my book. Zangief looked like a bad ass wall of mountain and beard. Vega looked evil. So you can't hate on the movie too much. It was a perfectly fine little piece of anime. Watch it if you are into Street Fighter. Good Concept OK Execution.
February 6, 2011
Not as good as the first street fighter manga but still a good film.
½ January 1, 2011
Malita. Una historia reguleque.
December 29, 2010
Another great animated Street Fighter film, although I preferred "Generations" due to the darker story line.
½ December 25, 2010
boring.. and i hate how Chun-Li seems to be so damn weak in this film.