Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie Reviews

• Mar 08, 2020

I loved this movie as a kid and use to re-watch it all the time. Sure the story is simple and the characters are two-dimensional; but the fight scenes are well-animated and brutal, the animation is great, and it has a kick-ass grunge soundtrack.

• Mar 02, 2020

It has some really fun and well done fighting scenes. Especially the opening scene. The dialogue is down right terrible, but thats not the reason I watched the film. I wanted to see fights scenes, and I got that.

• Mar 01, 2020

Was my favorite movie growing up. watched it after almost 20 years, the movie still holds up. One of the honest video game adaptation movie out there!!!

• Jan 15, 2020

Ok, look, this movie has got issues. The story makes no sense, it's more of a collection of cameos than an actual coherent narrative. It's really all over the place. And the ending is a total ***pull. And yet. And yet. I love this movie. It's fun, beautiful, makes you care for the characters, and the action sequences are great.

• Nov 25, 2019

Everything a Street Fighter movie should be.

Everything a Street Fighter movie should be.

• Oct 10, 2019

One of the most faithful video game adaptations to date. I own on both VHS and DVD and still to this day I enjoy watching it, not been a year where I don't watch it.

• Sep 30, 2019

best video game adaption ever. this movie after 15 years is amazing and it puts most movies of its kind to shame. A true masterpiece. For the fans this movie was close to perfect. Everything from fights to character to the flash backs was amazing.

• Sep 09, 2019

Some of the best animated action sequences ever hidden in a simplistic plot with sub-par dubbing. Come for its gorgeously rendered scenery and its impressively realistic fight scenes, stay for the kickin' early 90s alt-rock soundtrack.

• Jan 16, 2019

Profundo, empolgante, visualmente soberbo e cheio de ação. Com as mais sólidas cenas de luta em animação já vistas, além de sombrio da forma como deve ser, é exemplar para o gênero e a melhor adaptação do videogame Street Fighter para a tela grande. Vale também destacar a excelente dublagem brasileira com direção de Nelson Machado ( o mesmo das outras adaptações, como a série Street Fighter II V).

• Feb 09, 2018

Enjoyable action anime that stands a proof you can adapt a video game into a movie. The voice acting is cheesy but fun, with E. Honda stealing the show as the over-the-top sumo wrestler. Behind the camera, director Gisaburo Sugii crafts a faithful but simple story that works, tying all the characters together organically. Granted, he is a bit too faithful at times (why does Chun Li have to wear her dancer outfit everywhere when she is supposed to be an Interpol agent) and some characters, like a major villain, abruptly disappear. Also, the Japanese soundtrack is way too somber, especially compared to the excellent rock soundtrack in the American version. However, the one place this movie truly excels is the fighting, which used rotoscopes of actual martial artists while naturally putting in each's fighter's classic lines & special movies. As a result, it is not only true to the video game but simply put, some of the best fights & action ever animated (the Chun Li/Vega fight remains a masterpiece). Overall, while not a perfect film, a very enjoyable one and proof that, yes, an can make a good video game movie.