Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li Reviews

• Feb 02, 2019

Same thing as an old movie smh

Same thing as an old movie smh

• Oct 31, 2018

This movie cured my constipation.

This movie cured my constipation.

• Oct 28, 2018

Not the atrocity I was promised but still lackluster and could have been great The fight scenes are well choreographed and it feels like a video game but something felt missing maybe a better story ? As for miss Lana Lang herself she was decent it's too bad this film killed any movie career she wanted I would have like to see her in more stuff Overall not awful by any means but not Amazing either

• Oct 22, 2018

This is the best movie ever made. 10/10 i have watched this cinematic masterpiece over 20 times. if you haven't seen this movie it is a must watch.

• Sep 02, 2018

Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li: 5 out of 10: A Batman Begins style reboot for the Street Fighter series which up to this point consisted of one highly derided film released 15 years earlier. The Good: You know if you forget this is supposed to be a Street Fighter film (Not hard to do at all since outside of some the character names this really has nothing to do with Street Fighter) this really isn't that bad. Good production values and location shooting with the occasional action beat. Considering this is currently at number 76 of the 100 worst movies of all time on the IMDB list, the low expectations do it some favors as well. Both Kristin Kreuk as the titular star and Moon Bloodgood as a detective are watchable and refreshing. In addition, Michael Clarke Duncan is clearly having fun and his enthusiasm is infectious. The Bad: Entire doctoral thesis has been written about all the things wrong with the movie. Among the various sins child actors that look nothing like their adult counterparts (to the point of being a clearly different nationality), Chris Klein is awful and drags down every scene he is in, Chris Klein is in way too many scenes, and the villain makes no sense. The Ugly: Here we get to the crux of the hatred for this unremarkable action film. Street Fighter fans. This is, by any measure, a terrible adaptation of the source material. Now I have to admit my eyes glaze over when rabid fandoms go on the attack because the backstory written to sell some toys and fill five minutes of a twenty-four-minute cartoon is treated as if Moses himself brought it down from the mountain. (I am looking your way Transformers fans), but Street Fighter fans have an understandable beef. As source material goes Street Fighter is a pretty thin gruel. Unlike many modern video games, Street Fighter has more in common with Pac-Man or Donkey Kong than say The Last of Us. You have colorful characters and a fighting tournament outside of that a screenwriter pretty much has carte blanche to do what he wants with the story. Guess what this movie does not have? If you said a fighting tournament and colorful characters guess what you win a prize. In Conclusion: Clearly, the screenwriter had a Tomb Raider script sitting in a dusty drawer (The film makes much more sense as a Tomb Raider reboot than a Street Fighter one) and got a call from his agent. Meh, one video game is the same as another just change Lara Croft to Chun Li and change the Irish real estate mogul into Bison and we are good to go. No need to change the plot about the cave of soul cleansing or the mysterious scroll or the heroine living alone in the mansion with servants after her father's disappearance. Decent B movie action film but in all fairness a horrible adaptation of the source material.

• Apr 26, 2018

Maybe it's the product of having watched this for the fourth or fifth time. Or maybe it's nostalgia for old action movies. But this movie is awesome. People complain about the casting however I don't see what they could change. Particularly with Bison and Balrog. I think a lot of viewers get distracted by the campiness or because they want more realism. But it's supposed to play like graphic novel and Hollywood did not know how to do a Dark Knight rises yet. Especially for their dvd level budget they did push the medium some. I enjoy Legend of Chun-Li because I am a Kreuk fan and I love video game lore.

• Sep 28, 2017

They couldn't even afford to shoot the piano scene in an actual theater. The entire movie is a low budget, poor film-making, bottom of the barrel writing and acting talent debacle. Idk why people think that it's a good idea to cast frail actresses in the role of a bad ass. Nothing screams terrible movie more than an actor(ess) who doesn't fit the role.

• Mar 26, 2016

I totally forgot this movie exist, good riddance

I totally forgot this movie exist, good riddance

• Mar 25, 2016

This movie make me want walk out from cinema and forget everything that I had seen

• Jan 08, 2016

A godawful piece of shit. This is one of the worst video game movies ever made, besides Uwe Boll's House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark. Everything about this is bad. It takes any charm and fun that the 1994 version of Street Fighter had, sucked it out, and multiplied all the negative aspects of that movie exponentially. Acting is terrible. Chris Klein as Nash... He's the equivalent of Justin Chatwin as Goku in Dragonball Evolution (Another godawful cinema atrocity). Nothing makes sense, the plot is messy and incoherent. Kristin Kreuk as Chun-Li? atrocious. Chris Klein as Charlie Nash? Atrocious. Taboo as Vega? ATROCIOUS. Robin Shou as Gen, Neal McDonough as M. Bison, and Michael Duncan as Balrog are okay, however. Michael Dunkan as Balrog is the closest thing to being faithful to the video games. M. Bison as an Irish? Well, I know a lot about Street Fighter, and rumor has it he's either from Cambodia, Thailand, or Ireland. So don't mind the Irish nationality much. I also felt really bad for Neal McDonough. He tried his best to make his piece of garbage work, but he couldn't because the writing, the dialogue, the screenplay, everything was awful. Same case for Robin Shou. He tried his best, but his efforts hindered by incompetent amateurs in the film industry. Verdict: 1/10. F-. Atrocious. Godawful. It spits not only on the very practice and art of acting, but also on the greatest fighting game franchise ever created, Street Fighter. A disgrace.