Street Hunter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Street Hunter Reviews

August 1, 2014
Loved this. Logan Blade is the balls and his Doberman 'Munch' is my new favourite screen dog. Reb Brown is on another level as the mercenary who adopts ancient war games into and urban setting.
½ May 12, 2010
Street Hunter (5/10) - This 1990 low budget action film stars Steve James(one of my favorite action guys of the 80s), Reb Brown and a very young John Leguizamo. With a cast like that I actually had high hopes for this film but unfortunately the action in the film is weak.

I've seen a lot of low budget actioners in my time and I know what to expect from them and even for a low budget film Street Hunter has shoddy action choreography and listless fight scenes. This surprised me since Steve James usually delivers the goods in the action dept, heck even the climatic fight between Steve and Reb is uneven at best and laughable at times.

Street Hunter isn't all bad, Steve James looks like a badass in his Solomon Kane type getup and John Leguizamo was fun to watch as a young drug dealer. Reb Brown is Reb Brown, but hey his wacky merc who spouts off about famous dictators and military leaders kinda grew on me. Probably the biggest surprise in the film is the only female lead in the film Valarie Pettiford, she was actually pretty impressive when she got to engage in some action scenes.

Street Hunter is not a good film but Steve James and Reb Brown fans will probably want to check it out.
½ September 13, 2008
An 80's style cheesy action flick from 1990 with the late Steve James as the tough Logan Blade (now that's a cool name for a tough guy!) . If you like this type of film you will definitely enjoy the bad acting and abundance of senseless violence!!
deano
½ April 15, 2007
This is the lastest martial arts movie of Steve James who plays the title character is above average with a boost of action. Steve will definitely be missed.