Street Kings - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Street Kings Reviews

January 21, 2015
Street kings in not that good a movie but it has a certain je-ne-sais-quoi that keeps you glued despite some cringeworthy bits. That and two great performances, from a gruff Keanu and an exuberant Forest Whittaker make this movie well worth watching. Hugh Laurie, Jay Mohr, Terry Crews and Captain America round up a solid cast and the serviceable direction by Ayer offsets a boring, predictable script.

In any case, after a re-watch several years later, i'll go with a recommendation on this one.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Finally a decent action crime movie starring Keanu Reeves and Forest Whitaker. I like these cop movies with dirty cops , gangs on the streets etc.. This one reminds me of Traning Day in a way. Story was okey for the most part with some twists on the way. Anyway very watchable flick , enjoy.
December 28, 2014
Really well done. Never understood why the bad reviews. I guess some don't know the real LA like Ellroy.
½ December 26, 2014
Good movie ....most liked Forest ( Again ) ! SOMDVD
December 7, 2014
Street Kings boasts an all-star cast and should be commended for attempting to make a statement about the ambiguity of justice, but it is far too heavy-handed and poorly written to be effective.
½ October 17, 2014
Dude that was an Amazing title to a movie
½ October 3, 2014
I will start off by saying I am not a huge fan of anyone in this movie They are all very good actors but I do not love them I do not understand how this movie got such a low rating this is a really really good movie I absolutely loved it The 2nd street kings motor city is horrible but this one is really good and a very underrated film
½ August 6, 2014
Disco's death was unnecessary.
August 2, 2014
Pitiful, pitiful film.
½ July 21, 2014
1st time I saw this didn't like it. To many racial over tones. But his was a good Crime Drama/Thriller...
½ July 11, 2014
I don't think I've ever seen a big budget film with such bad acting and such an obvious plot.

What I find most bewildering is that I've seem most of these actors, and I know they can act much better than they did in this movie.
May 26, 2014
The ensemble cast and taut script make up for the wholly unoriginal aspects of this thriller.
April 11, 2014
A good decent crime film. Keanu carries the film while bullets and blood is flying.
March 30, 2014
Excellent film well written
March 15, 2014
This movie was damn good.
March 7, 2014
This is a pretty good movie. It rakes cop movies to a whole different level. This is also not your normal Keanu Reeves "save humanity" role.
½ February 10, 2014
Own this movie and watched it again for the 6th time! Great movie!
February 5, 2014
Conspiracy that goes round and round. Feel the stress and ride the roller coaster to do the right thing.
January 23, 2014
I liked the casting list but the movie itself is so so.
January 21, 2014
Yes, it's racist, generic, cynical, and overly deceptive, but I can't say that I wasn't entertained by the consistently good writing.