Strike Commando - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Strike Commando Reviews

September 17, 2014
Reb Brown is the balls in the Rambosploitation classic. The final thirty minutes are the greatest in the history of cinema and the battle between Ramsom and Jakoda is up there with Rocky and Ivan Drago's battle in Moscow. That head butt and the dentist gag, comedy gold.
½ March 14, 2014
Man, Rambo's gonna sue somebody.

Worth a look for the cheesy fun of it, but not much more.
½ April 10, 2013
There doesn't appear to be a box next to this, but it's guaranteed to have a bad drawing on the cover. Maybe it's just so dreadful they can't bring themselves to print it.

This is the kind of direct-to-video actioner I used to love to re-enact as a kid, pretending my mate's garden was a jungle in deepest 'Nam while toting plastic machine guns. In fact, the protagonist from this seems to have one of my "anything-proof vests" (bullet-proof was no use against grenades)which I came up with during one such melee.
'Strike Commando' (from Bruno Mattei) adheres to the time-honoured Italian Z-Grade tradition of ripping off (sometimes entire sequences) from any genre-compatible movie in shooting distance; most notably 'Rambo: First Blood Part II' and 'Missing In Action' here. Our hero may even kill more baddies than Stallone and Norris in the silly fight scenes: and at one point, he greets an enemy with the strangely cordial "Hi Charlie!" before ceremoniously bumping him off.
Reb Brown starred in quite a few of these such movies, but this one is notable for a very amusing mano o mano fight scene with a bear-like Russian (those commies didn't half get around in the '80's) who repeatedly taunts him with the legend: "AMERICANSKI!" before engaging our brave commando in a headbutt battle.

Sigh. Those were simpler times.
April 1, 2013
This movie is Reb Brown at his "finest.". Pretty much a First Blood Part II remake it's still a fun watch and i enjoy having a beer and watching Empty a clip into an entire village of empty buildings screaming. "JA KO TA!!!!! RRRAARRRRR!!!"

If you've never seen it and you love action movies, especially pure cheese, Get this.
½ September 24, 2011
Brilliant cheesy First Blood Part 2- ripoff. Good fun...
February 25, 2011
The Half Italian/Japanese Director Bruno Mattei strikes again with Strike Commando, This low Budget Rambo Knock-off made directly for Japanese Audience's in the 80s. Like all of Mattei's films there riddled with Stock Footage of explosions and of course Stolen, Music and dialog which makes him a cult favourite across the world. But Alternately I have never liked a film by Bruno Mattei, With the exception of "Hell of the Living Dead" his most infamous zombie movie. So I can't be a part of his following despite me seeing nearly all of his films, He tends to have the biggest Following in Japan and all his movies are available there on DVD unlike the rest of the world. That's where I found Strike Commando because there were no Torrent's :(

While operating behind enemy lines, Sgt. Mike Ransom learns of a Russian presence in North Vietnam. Ordered to obtain proof of this discovery, Ransom returns to enemy territory but is captured and subjected to a variety of tortures. Eventually he escapes to continue his mission despite being hampered by a traitor in his own ranks. And he must fight and survive!

So the story is like a jungle version of Rambo but with movie gory elements and scenes, And some of the action scene from Rambo were stolen and stuck in this movie. A matter of fact the ending footage to the Last Hunter was stolen and stuck in this movie.
But it's Mattei what more do you want....???
So the acting is very bad, and Bruno no doubt does one take and moves on to the new scene, while forgetting were this story was going....He is working with no doubt less than $200,000$. Though the music was pretty good and some entertaining action scenes, Enough deaths and gore to keep one watching, the film is not boring at all.
The special effects are bad when there not stock.

Funny I remember seeing online a Japanese site dedicate to his films, Teens that were aware of his films would go as there favourite movie by him. And the photos on the site were mostly kids from doing. "Hell of the Living dead", And "SS Girls". Next time I am there something I need to get involved in.

Overall unlease you wont to spend an hour and a half watching a Rambo rip-off I say go right ahead and my final verdict is recommended.

BTW i am the first one who reviewed this!
½ February 2, 2011
An American soldier conduction an operation behind enemy lines discovers Soviet influence in North Vietnam. No idea what year this was supposed to take place (sometime in the early 70s, I guess). This Italian film is a bit of a Rambo 2 rip-off. Funny things such as a head-butt, when he places a granade on the secretary's desk, catching the metal dentures, and a Black soldier saying, "When I'a used too steal watermelons back in Alabama I had to climb fences," otherwise a too-long disjointed suck-ass film with extraordinarily terrible acting.
January 5, 2011
One of my favorite action movies ever. Hilarious, explosive cheese and just a rollicking good time.
½ February 15, 2010
Proof that bad movies can be awesome. This is another of Bruno Mattei 's American classic ripoffs, I won't say which one, oh that wacky Italian. For everything that over-the-top and cheesy about this, it can just hook you from the box cover alone. Reb Brown, forget Chuck Norris or Jean-Claude Van Damme, this is real deal as BS action heroes goes, nothing remotely resembling dignity in this performance; from his goofy demeanor to his total spaz attacks. this is very, very, very bad movie but just as entertaining, Strike Commando is a cult classic that been recently rediscovered, thank you Noah 'Spoony' Antwiler.
½ September 12, 2009
Rambo rip off by Bruno Mattei. Basic most of the time but a couple of stupid ideas or horrible lines make it a funny viewing experience.
November 13, 2008
My favorite 'worst movie of all time'! There's so much awkward hilarious shit in this movie, it'll make your head spin and do a dragon punch of joy! From dummy action to incoherent shouting (namely 'O FATHER WHO ART THOU IN HEAVEN!' before exploding a ship with a grenades), this movie has it all! Seriously, if a movie has an actor named Reb Brown playing a dude named Mike Ransom, you know I'm gonna watch the shit out of it!
November 12, 2008
this movie has bravado on a budget like no other. i need to watch it with Jess-o-vision before i start quoting it though.