Striking Distance - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Striking Distance Reviews

½ May 29, 2012
a good action movie but somewhat predictable
½ May 14, 2012
Some great Willis one liners!
May 4, 2012
A bland that kept me entertained but obviously it's a usual suspense thriller Bruce Willis's movie without realistic characters on the motions and if there are, just few of them.
½ April 22, 2012
Meh! about sums it up.. bland story that had promise if it had developed with a mystery (that you don't know is a mystery until its answered :S) and a series of crimes that don't make sense but even so you already figured it out before the second body hits the water. Even for '93 the characters were cliche and with about half the action necessary to disguise the lacking plot its pretty boring.
April 4, 2012
I'm very late, watched this on netflix. Bruce Willis very rarely stars in a shit film. Storyline was good and loved the ending.
March 27, 2012
Below average action movie with very little entertainment value.
March 2, 2012
Takes me back good fun film, although it looks like it was made for tv
½ February 18, 2012
Really good film, Bruce willis at his best
½ February 3, 2012
Pretty good for an older film. Nothing new from Willis, but he still brings his "A" game to this for sure. Sarah Jessica Parker is tolerable in this movie and I'd even go as far as to say a little sexy. At least there is a fairly good chance you might not be able to guess who the killer is.
January 31, 2012
for what it is its good. bruce is delicious.
January 16, 2012
Written and directed by Rowdy Herrington, who did Road House (1989), this is a by-the-numbers cop chasing a serial killer murder film. It's an excuse to give it's star the chance to mug around, shooting baddies up and give a wisecrack or two, although most of this is set on a river. It begins in 1991, where Pittsburgh Police Detective Tom Hardy (Bruce Willis) is chasing a serial killer known as the Polish Hill Stranger who has been going around killing women, after a chase of the killer, it ends in a high speed crash where his father Vince (John Mahoney), also a police officer, is killed. After Tom gives evidence against his cousin Sergeant Jimmy Detillo (Robert Pastorelli) for using excessive force against a suspect, Jimmy supposedly commits suicide, and his body is never found. 2 years later, and Tom is now working with the Pittsburgh PD River Rescue, and he's just been assigned a new partner with Jo Christman (Sarah Jessica Parker), who is tough and determined. But, the serial killings start all over again, and the deaths come over a little too close to home for Tom. It's a very silly action film, quite derivative as well. But, it does have moments, but it has a good supporting cast including Dennis Farina and Tom Sizemore. Sadly, Brucie hates the film, and publically apologised for it. Oh, well. :P
½ January 8, 2012
Run of your mill thriller. But good old Bruce makes this more entertaining.
½ December 11, 2011
Bruce Willis movies are a guilty pleasure of mine. But prejudice aside and being objective, this movie fell pretty flat on it's face. It had a great cast, but it just couldn't sort itself out. Not a bad summer-couch-2am movie, however.
November 18, 2011
Below average action movie with very little entertainment value.
October 10, 2011
Didnt see the ending coming. It was nice to see once lol.
½ August 9, 2011
It's pretty ordinary, and for me I only watched it as a big fan of Bruce Willis. If it had any other actor in his place I'd give it one star. Didn't quite get there plot wise but overall I found it watchable.
August 1, 2011
Better then 'critics' would have you believe.
July 18, 2011
It's a decent movie. It doesn't really have anything special to add. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, it just falls short of great or a memorable movie.
July 17, 2011
.. such a good memory ... my first movie in the US
July 12, 2011
Good movie. Mostly predictable...I kinda had it figured out before it ended...but still enjoyable. And Bruce Willis + Sarah Jessica Parker seemed a really ODD pairing at first, but it works.