Reviews

• Jan 26, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Nov 06, 2014

the first half is great but the second half is weak.

the first half is great but the second half is weak.

• Oct 14, 2010

It really is a shame Harry Langdon isn't better known. He was great in this. The quick little punches he did to people were hilarious. I loved his facial reactions. Perhaps the movie dragged out a bit in some scenes, but I thought it was the best silent film we have watched in American Cinema so far (next to The "Teddy" Bears)

• Nov 27, 2009

Very funny and cute film.

Very funny and cute film.

• Mar 06, 2009

Harry Langdon is adorable.

Harry Langdon is adorable.

• Mar 04, 2009

The best two movies Langdon did were the short films "Saturday Afternoon" and "Fiddlesticks", but this is most likely his most consistent feature, and probably the place a neophyte should be introduced to Langdon, who is a very different type of comedian. An eye-opener for those who think all silent comedy is fast and overacted.

• Aug 30, 2008

Surprisingly I found this movie funny and entertaining. Never thought I could watch another good slapstick-movie after Chaplin and Keaton.

• Jul 06, 2008

On aurait envie de donner une note parfaite à ce film tellement Harry Langdon est attanchant et charmant. Le scénario parfois simpliste et décousu nous en empêche, mais ça reste un petit bijou.

• Jul 06, 2008

La première partie (burlesque) est très réussie, la suivante (comédie romantico-sociale) un peu moins.