Stryker's War (Thou Shalt Not Kill... Except) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stryker's War (Thou Shalt Not Kill... Except) Reviews

December 1, 2012
This was an alright movie that was a mix of action, drama and horror.
A war vet comes home just as a group of hippies start on a killing spree in his hometown.
Of course it affects him and he teams up with friends to save the town and kill the bad guys.
It had a decent sense of humour and it had Sam and Ted Raimi as bad guys.
The acting was pretty cheesy but it was meant to be that way.
May 27, 2012
Sam Raimi is great as the crazed cult leader...other than that it's your typical grindhouse revenge flick.
½ May 22, 2012
Sam Raimi is so great in this.
March 24, 2012
a corn fuelled schlocky romp through the friends of Raimi territory. Jack Stryker gets out of vietnam after taking 2 in the leg and hooks up with his old flame but there is a Manson type clan in town killing folks and they take his woman hostage. Enter some old war buddies come to visit and they go on the hunt for the bad guys. slow start, surprisingly good acting and some good kills. Sam Raimi puts in a OTT performance as the Manson type leader. good entertainment.
½ October 11, 2010
A damn near no budget time killer with Raimi in front of the camera. For movie trash lovers only.
September 17, 2010
This film exceeded my expectations with ease. Directed by Josh Becker, written by Bruce Campbell, and Sam Raimi plays the villain. Very entertaining and enjoyable. The production value is lacking but is better than I expected. I would watch this again without hesitation.
March 17, 2010
Sooooo bad, yet... sooooo good.
October 1, 2009
Think Rambo meets the Manson family and you kind of have the gist of this film. The highlight is seeing Sam Raimi play the crazed cult leader replete with dreadlocks!
½ May 29, 2009
Sam was brilliant as a crazy pirate. And Ted, well, Ted can make almost any movie better.
½ August 30, 2008
the dude that directed spider-man slips on a pair of bad acting shoes and plays the part of a cult leader that thinks that he's jesus. it's co-written by bruce campbell, so you know it's gonna be cheesy, b-movie goodness. the deaths are usually pretty brutal...there's comedy spread around...and gee golly, it's just a fun time.
March 16, 2008
When Rambo meets the Manson family. Lots of inventive kills, great characters and an amazing, and I really do mean amazing, performance by Raimi. I could watch this fun film all day on a loop. Plus, it has one of my favourite titles of all time.
February 28, 2008
Shocked to see that so few have seen this hilarious comedy starring Detriot's big son Sam Raimi as an insane cult leader. Worth watching just for his spitting mad appearance. The hero should have been played by a better actor (a Bruce Campbell perhaps) to be perfect but this is full of hilarious corny visual gags in the "Bad Taste / Evil Dead" fashion. Ted Raimi also appears in a laughable supporting role. Stupid fun.
½ February 12, 2008
HOLY CRAP, I AM THE FIRST TO POST ABOUT THIS AMAZING MOVIE?!?!? Thou Shalt Not Kill...Except is a terrific low-budget, cornball of a movie that starts out as a bleak war movie set during Vietnam and centering on a small platoon of friends who are ready for this war to end, well it does for them, but not without lead Jack Stryker almost dying. Soon, he goes back to his small town to rekindle a relationship with his old sweetheart until a gang of murderous cult-like hippies go apeshit and start killing people viciously. The action, the dialog, and the actors make this movie over the top and very hilarious, not in a bad way, but more like an Evil Dead way.

Speaking of which, a big reason why this film holds such a cult like status is because not only was it co-written by the almighty BRUCE CAMPBELL, it also stars uber-A-list director Sam Raimi as the main bad guy in a very hilarious role. Honestly, I cannot believe I am the first to post on this magical film. More people need to see this!!!