Stuck Between Stations - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stuck Between Stations Reviews

½ February 13, 2015
Chemistry was good but it was a little slow. Also I felt like some of the intimate stories they told were so out of the blue they felt like lies and made me laugh.
August 18, 2014
Tuesday, August 12, 2014

(2011) Stuck Between Stations
DRAMA

Opens with a very blatant beginning, but as soon as the two main characters meet the rest is all smooth sailing. It's like watching a Richard Linklater's "Before Sunrise" movie, but better since the two main characters never go anywhere extravagant nor do they have as much opinions about important issues. Meaning, no one don't need to go to another place they had never go anywhere such as Paris or Greece in order to have a good time. Actually, it's like the most authentic variation of a little reunion. It stars Sam Rosen who also co-wrote the movie along with Nat Bennett. He plays Casper, who's just come back to Minneapolis for something viewers don't quite know what until much later. At the same time, Rebecca (Zoe Lister Jones) but is called "Becky" for short is scrounging around looking for something at an office. By chance both characters eventually see each other at a bar, which what could've been a misunderstood bar fight. We then see Casper leaving the bar, sitting by himself outside. Rebecca then decides to return the baseball cap Casper left behind assuming that he'd still be around and is able to catch up with him. As soon as the two meet, and at first she doesn't seem to recognize him, he finally reminds her who he was and who she used to be. And we come to learn that both of them used to be classmates except that she as well as him had both changed from the last time they had saw each other since they're ten or more years older. This 'authentic' and natural exchange should be something everybody no matter who you are should be able to identify with, without the use of social media as well as relate to as we grow older. I have to say, this has to be one of the best 'reunion' films I had ever encountered and it's intentions are not the same as let's say "The Big Chill" or any other class reunion films, as both of them converse with one another how the other one had changed -it seems very natural and harmless. Each of them also went to spots the other one would not have gone to which is like an example of getting out of your comfort zone moment(s) since Casper has just come back temporarily just so he can go to a funeral, while Becky is trying to retrieve her computer, and both of them are helping the other one out. Actors, Josh Hartnett and "The Sopranos" star Michael Imperioli also star with minor roles.

3 out of 4 stars
July 6, 2014
Very sweet and tasty flic about things big and small: reconnecting with high school peeps, how humans cope with the horrors of life differently; loss at several levels; love. Not a bad menu and all courses prepared in a simple, economical style without special sauces. None are required. The true flavor is all that's needed.
May 24, 2014
Stuck Between Stations [2011] This is the type of film I hate for loving. 8/10
½ May 2, 2014
This was a very sweet movie with a couple of very quirky characters. The ending was wonderful and made up for the slow buildup of the story.
May 21, 2013
Great movie! Even though the ending leaves you hanging =(
Harlequin68
½ April 9, 2013
Trapped in an awful predicament involving her professor, her professor's wife and her computer, Rebecca(Zoe Lister-Jones) sees no other options aside from bar hopping and getting drunk. At one bar, she is recognized by Casper(Sam Rosen, who also co-wrote), a high school classmate she barely remembers and home from Afghanistan. When her friend Brent(Brent Doyle) lifts her on his shoulder during a game of pool, Casper rushes to her aid. It should not surprise anybody that the whole rescuing the damsel in distress thing does not work out as planned when he forgets the first rule of basic training - never pick on a marine. Still, at least he and Rebecca get a chance to know each other when she picks him as the more emotionally mature option, but this is not a date and there will be no kissing.

The one thing filmmakers occasionally forget is that it takes very little to create a film when your heart is in the right place.(*cough* Tarantino *cough*) And that's especially true with the beguiling "Stuck between Stations" whose amiable conversations make the best use of Zoe Lister-Jones' off-kilter delivery. That's not to say this story is not cinematic as the movie contains some lovely shots like Casper framed against the Minneapolis skyline, the cyclists and the circus.(I'll bet you never thought Minneapolis could be so interesting, did you?) On the other hand, there is the split screen which is only really necessary during the movie's sole scene of suspense, amplifying the ambient tension. Otherwise, the movie did not have to literally spell out the cause of Rebecca's self-destruction, as a lot of people peak in high school, as somebody once keenly observed. Plus, hatred of Army officers and soldiers on the homefront is a myth, except for William Westmoreland who kinda had it coming.
½ January 15, 2013
A very rare/honest film! It's filled w-very clever dialogue & it almost catches you by surprise & makes you feel for the characters as if they're people you know personally... Great performances by all of the actors in this film! The co-writer/star of the film Sam Rosen is FANTASTIC!&I look forward to seeing him in other films...
When suggesting this film to friends I usually say it kinda reminded me of "The Wackness" &/or "Once", which were two other indie films that I enjoyed immensely&have a lot of heart! If you enjoyed either of those films then you'll LOVE "Stuck Between Stations!"
(Note: My one complaint is that the trailer for this movie does not do it justice...)
4&1/2 STARS!
December 1, 2012
Very cute movie about rediscovering first crushes
November 7, 2012
don't waste your time...
August 4, 2012
makes you feel for the characters but in the end leaves you wanting more.
June 27, 2012
Good film for a night in.
½ June 3, 2012
Honest, modern, and realistic story of two people, both of whom have issues to resolve, and who somewhat unexpectedly meet one night and decide to hang out together and talk. - in Stuck Between Stations you could say there is no romance, rather dialog that might lead to one between two people who were acquaintances way back 7 years ago in High School, and now are getting to know each other. This is probably a movie you will either really like or discount all together, as it's just dialog between two people.
June 1, 2012
This is a good movie. While this movie heavily relies on dialogue, the story is told very well and by the end, the viewer will end up liking the characters even more. The acting is pretty good and it has the realistic feel of two people having a conversation throughout the whole movie. Definitely worth the rent.
April 22, 2012
all they do is talk. so boring
½ April 11, 2012
This Minneapolis film starts out interesting, but it really doesn't go anywhere by the time it finishes. A missed opportunity.
April 5, 2012
Me gustó la actuación de los protagonistas, tuvieron una química especial bastante agradable, sin embargo, el desarrollo del tema es algo lento y para mi quedó inconclusa, un final nada llamativo
April 2, 2012
I might say Josh Hartnett is back.
March 6, 2012
I think this is cute...
January 12, 2012
Beautiful film that finally captures the romance of Minneapolis!