Stuck in Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stuck in Love Reviews

½ March 21, 2017
I believe Josh Boone's "Stuck in Love" is well put together but, can get messy with the different characters. However, the plots for all of the characters do make up for the mild disorganization. The soundtrack is all together beautiful. This is a movie I can always have on in the background and never get sick of.
December 23, 2016
Despite the great soundtrack, here is a frustrating movie that shows every sign that it could have been great, with a lot to say about moving on and opening our hearts up to something new, but the payoff is contrived and doesn't ring half as true as what came before it.
½ November 24, 2016
Though the movie is uneven at times, the likable cast makes Stuck In Love worthwhile.
October 31, 2016
it is an amazing movie with turns but really good
½ October 29, 2016
So. Fucking. Precious.

If Dawson's Creek and Nicholas Sparks had a baby, it would be this abomination of a film.

To recap, a wealthy writer's 19 year old daughter has her first book published - other things happen - then her 17 year old brother has his "first story" published as well.

Divorced parents then reunite at Thanksgiving while Elliott Smith plays in the background. Jesus Christ.

Barf City son.

Sad!
½ September 25, 2016
Solid emotional drama that offers a fresh perspective on the complexity of love and relationships. I just really had a difficult time processing snow in North Carolina around Christmastime as "Stuck in Love" portrayed.
August 16, 2016
Well-written characters with nuanced, naturalistic performances, but...I feel like I've seen it all before.
½ May 23, 2016
While a little heavier than I expected, this rom-dram is sweet, moving, and easy to enjoy.
April 30, 2016
The cast is really good. Kinnear, Connelly, Lerman, and Bell are particularly strong. The narrative is a bit cliched and typical, but Stuck In Love is a perfectly fine romantic drama, and the soundtrack is well implemented. Though its somewhat overwrought, and it can be accused of being pretentious, the film is inspiring for those who like stories of young love, and writing.
April 29, 2016
Loved it! Great story, great acting!
March 31, 2016
A rom/com with a difference - it has books as its background. Also, it's inter-generational, so that parents and children are all going through the throes of love. Literate, though not really literary if you know what I mean.
What I loved about it was the way the script handled all the relationships. I was convinced there was a lot of truth in how everyone at different times felt alone, unsupported. And how the central three - father and kids - were each at different stages, with different needs they were seeking from a relationship.
Loved all the acting, especially Greg Kinnear who has to hold everything together as the father and husband. For someone who's only written a couple of books though, where he lives is incredibly expensive. They must have been massive best-sellers!
March 30, 2016
nice in parts... the resolution somewhere is too simplistic... and the choices of the mom as presented looks too cliched...replace the brainy nerd with the he-man and then regret...
March 3, 2016
An ok romantic comedy. Good cast, performances and characters but the film ends everything to happy and predictable. A decent rental.
½ February 1, 2016
It wasn't amazing but it wasn't terrible. I think Nat is a cutie pie so I wanted to watch this movie. Don't know if I'd watch it again but maybe
January 29, 2016
Stuck In Love is a great film that gives a different perspective on family. The ensemble cast from Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connelly, Lily Collins, Logan Lerman, Nat Wolff, and Liana Liberato are great and it's unexpected to see some of them in this which is an indie flick. The writing by Josh Boone is great and seeing that he's the director for The Fault Of Our Stars, he's is the right choice. The characters are three-dimensional and are very alive in this. It's unpredictable, and it mostly has a bit of thrills sometimes. The chemistry between Nat Wolff and Liana Liberato are adorable, and the chemistry between Lily Collins and Logan Lerman is really good and funny. The movie does have funny moments, but it does take it seriously and has half the drama in it. The reason why I gave this rating was because Stuck In Love wasn't really that much interesting for me, and I don't know what they could've done to make the film better, but the thing is, it kind of does show to me that even when you can't find any problems in a film, it doesn't mean that you give it a perfect rating, and it has to be on entertainment, also which this movie really did to me.
½ January 25, 2016
A thought provoking glimpse into the complexities of many different relationships all rolled into one on this flick. Phenomenal acting all around and a story that was very intriguing and kept me engaged. As I have no drug usage involved in my life, I couldn't connect with that at all and I felt this movie would have been much better without it. Definitely put this movie to the front of your Netflix list of things to watch. You won't be upset you did.
January 23, 2016
This feels and looks like a "Crazy in Love" knock-off. Hope its good
January 10, 2016
there's a part about writing and experiences, and I loved only that part.
January 1, 2016
i thought this was super cute; awesome cast, too. i lost it when Rusty started crying in the car... but things happened really fast towards the end there; i feel like there was so much build up and then BAM let's get this movie over with. but still cute.
December 25, 2015
This movie was great. Something for any man to bring out for a late night film with a date