Student Bodies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Student Bodies Reviews

½ March 13, 2017
Had some funny moments, but loses the humour with dragging out the movie
December 16, 2016
First, there was Halloween, then Friday The 13th, what next Jamie Lee Curtis's birthday? Seriously, this horror parody is about as memorable as the last Troma film but for some odd reason I am drawn to it. It stars pretty much no one worth noting, and I guess those who were in it leave it off their resume. A psycho breather preys on those typical stupid teens and uses every piece of office supply as his deadly weapon. Everything points to the shy virgin Toby who is allergic to sex. It is up to the virgin Toby and her friend Hardy to prove her innocence. This movie is SILLY. It incorporates every cliché imaginable including nude bathroom scene, stupid trick ending and a weird janitor named Malvert. For a bad movie, it is somewhat addictive, and I must admit this is one of my favorites. Not the best horror parody but it is way better then Transylvania 6-5000.
January 27, 2016
It's not the best movie I'll agree, but I think it's a definite have to watch. I've seen it a few times and I think it's an excellent parody of the slashers that were coming out at the time.
September 27, 2015
This is a ridiculous piece of brilliant cult, dark humor. With little budget and a cast of little known actors, this film predicts the scream/scary movie franchises. It is the source of never ending joy for my friends and I, having fallen in love with it in the 80s. Quotable and silly and way ahead of its time. I love this movie more than most. I rank it up there with Evil Dead II.
July 23, 2015
This film is a cult classic, way ahead of its time and is the very reason films such as Scream can even exist... Mickey Rose is a genius!
½ May 30, 2015
Michael Ritchie knew going in he would have to use a pseudonym because it was filmed during a strike and he was too well known.
½ April 9, 2015
B movie bronze...the bodies were gold the story was lame.
½ March 30, 2015
There actually are quite a few funny parts and it's a pretty entertaining and fun movie. I thought it was a normal slasher movie when I started it, but the dog meowing and letting out a giant fart in the first scene tipped me off.
There is no greater beauty of man's accomplishments than horse-head book-ends.
½ March 2, 2015
Wildly inconsistent but one of the better spoofs of horror movies.
½ February 24, 2015
It's bad and it knows it which actually makes it good! A more original horror spoof than any Scary Movie sequel and dumber fun!
½ November 17, 2014
The father of Scary Movie. Student body was a little gem that I actually enjoyed. I loved the little gags that makes you giggle. The acting was relatively rubbish, but Melbert was simply outstanding in his role. This film is really underrated, I thought it was very clever with lots of movie parodies and pop culture references. The elements in the film were later copied by the more popular slasher- Scream.
½ October 30, 2014
Goofy, fun (if somewhat inconsistent) 1981 spoof of the then-new teen slasher genre.
½ October 24, 2014
En parodi som försöker göra för slashern vad Airplane! gjorde för flygkaparfilmer. Student Bodies, som är från perioden då slasherfilmer fullständigt spottades ut i Hollywood, inleds träffsäkert, fyndigt och roligt för att sedan mest bli upprepande och enformig. Kan man sina mördare i mask-filmer har man en del behållning här, annars ter sig filmen förmodligen en smula obegriplig. Ett stort plus dock för skådisen som går under namnet The Stick, som verkligen gör skäl för sitt namn utseendemässigt. Slutscenerna, i värsta Friday the 13th-anda, gör ingen glad.
½ June 24, 2014
Truly atrocious. The first few minutes had some funny gags, but they stopped being funny very quickly.
June 2, 2014
An uneven, but more hit-than-miss parody of the slasher craze.
February 1, 2014
Lacking the bludgeoning references and cheap bowel gags of its modern counterparts, Ritchie's slasher spoof feels more focused. It's even a little creative, sprinkling in a number of fourth wall gags involving the killer. However, it still meanders at times, never being as deliciously bloody, nor wonderfully manic as say, Shaun of the Dead.
½ January 20, 2014
The original scary movie. Funny odd film.
January 5, 2014
I actually thought that this was very bad and unfunny. The only real highlight was the Malvert character just because he was so unusual.
½ October 20, 2013
Makes Scary Movie look like a classic by comparison.
July 22, 2013
Hilarious dumb. What Scary Movie fails of being.