The Stupids - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Stupids Reviews

June 20, 2016
Stupid family saves the world in this stupid comedy.
December 20, 2015
I'm all for dumb movies, and this was, but that's the point. I'll never get tired of Tom Arnold singing "I'm my own Grandpaw."
½ August 23, 2015
If I didn't have cerebral control I would have gouged my eyes out just for relief from watching this horrendous movie.
June 9, 2015
How on earth did the title never get changed? Think about all the hands this script was in just during pre-production: script readers, an entire team of producers, an entire cast of professional actors, and even the film's world-class director John Landis. None of them made any objections?

But then again, I think about the movie itself, and... well... yeah.
February 28, 2015
This movie is stupid, but damn it all, there are moments that make me laugh out loud. I consider myself a highbrow connoisseur of comedy, preferring Groucho Marx and Charlie Chaplin, the old masters. Tom Arnold seems to have been relegated to the pile of Comedians That Are Well Known To The Public But Nobody Seems To Like Them, alongside such notaries as Pauley Shore and Carrot Top. But here he has fun in his role as the patriarch of the world's most idiotic family. This movie is just dumb fun. A guilty pleasure. No more, no less. (Now who wants to join me for a round of "I'm My Own Grandpa?")
October 27, 2014
I had a title in mind for this movie, but the filmmakers beat me to it.
½ July 19, 2014
With a moniker like this, you'll never guess the intelligence and entertainment in what might have been an otherwise boring script. Though the movie may have appeared to be idiotic, the laughs felt real and never at the movie, but rather, with it.

This is no Casablanca, but it's not a popcorn movie, either. It is witty and comical and would be a recommendation on my list any day.

Things to note:
*animated animals (without explanation, though we may assume it was because of the fact it was previously a children's series)
*Tom Arnold's performance of "I'm My Own Grandpa"

Don't be fooled by a name. Watch this.
cigaretteburns
May 1, 2014
Wow I totally forgot about this movie's existence! don't even remember what I thought about it as a kid. needs rewatching.
½ April 21, 2014
You know what's stupid? The fact that this ever got made.
April 19, 2014
"Absurd"

Beyond absurd, this film will make one feel stupid for jus' watchin' it.

~

I give this comedy an F (Failure)
January 25, 2014
Beyond absurd, this film will make one feel stupid for jus' watchin' it.
January 5, 2014
Not the greatest of comedies, but it had me laughing on several occasions. A pretty good movie given the source material.
November 16, 2013
"I watch a movie called the stupids and complain that the humor isn't sophisticated" -rotten tomatoes
½ October 28, 2013
Few films in history have so perfectly lived up to their titles as none other than The Stupids.
September 28, 2013
Never understood the hate for this or for Tom Arnold really.
July 24, 2013
Despite a semi-original idea and Tom Arnold's rather committed performance, The Stupids is offensive in every way possible. It also takes a couple IQ points off a person. Did I say a couple? More like all of them.
July 7, 2013
A perpetual climax of cinematic genius.
½ May 14, 2013
From a competent director like Landis, this is just shit.
April 22, 2013
I love the stupids when I was a child and it's still funny as today I am my own grandpa is the funniest song ever