Sublime - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sublime Reviews

May 26, 2012
This movie was not scary at all and it was boring. It's about some guy who is in the hospital. I've seen way scarier movies about crazy things happening in hospitals than this one.
½ May 19, 2012
An underrated movie. I can see how people might give up on it by the middle but in my opinion is worth seeing through. It kind of stuck with me afterward... I enjoyed it but only because I FINISHED it.
May 6, 2012
Not a bad plot idea, just lacking in acting a bit and soul. held my attention, but looking back i wouldnt be missing much if i never saw it.
March 30, 2012
Sublime was just so awful. Didn't make any sense and its just plain out boring.
January 29, 2012
Disappointed with the ending. But makes you wonder just what people in a coma REALLY are going through. No light at the end of the tunnel?
½ January 21, 2012
oh gosh. I'm attracted to terrible movies. The twist made it slightly better. Actually the whole end part was better than the entire thing. Stay away from this.
½ January 4, 2012
The suspense was good to start with and it a good one time watch. The mystery stays the way with intended confusion added to keep up with the mystery.
½ December 15, 2011
Thursday, December 15, 2011

(2007) Sublime
HORROR

Straight to rental with modest production values, puts the viewer into a situation which after surviving a botch operation medical procedure which was supposed to be a simple routine colonoscopy, Geeorge (Tom Cavanagh) while recovering in bed starts to reavaluate or reflect everything that transpired that lead to the operation leading to an ineffective, silly twist at the end! Stupid and pointless!

1.5 out of 4
December 15, 2011
Based on the reviews, I am the minority of thinking this, but I really enjoyed this movie
December 13, 2011
once i got over that he was ED it was a very thrilling movie
November 27, 2011
A little confusing through out the movie, but connects at the end. NOT a must see. I did like Clarence Hilton Jacobs in it though. :)
½ November 8, 2011
AS BAD AS BAD CAN BE Whoever put this piece of crap together is as politically naive, racist, sexist and any other ...ist you can think of... He is an idiot who should give up writing, directing, producing films and try to learn something about women, black people, human beings before he tries again.
November 7, 2011
68%

It never clicked together for me, I was drunk, prehaps I'll watch it again.
½ November 5, 2011
I told my friends the set up and basic story and asked them to guess the surprise ending which they did rather quickly. Still, not a terrible movie. Some really good moments but oh so slow and unfocused.
October 26, 2011
This movie attempts social-political relevance, an exploration of the fears and guilt of middle-class America on a profound level. Unfortunately this movie is just profoundly dull. The main character, George Grieves, is superficial and arouses no interest or sympathy. The film wants us to explore the fears and guilt of a man we could care less about let alone empathize with. The story itself is overwrought with heavy handed metaphors, lacks suspense or thrill and is torpid at best. For the most part I was left feeling disappointed and uninterested. If you really want to make a statement about the human condition, next time a little less thematic symbolism and a little more humanity.
July 31, 2011
What twisted messed up roller coaster ride. Really enjoyed this movie for the psycological chaos. And the twists. Good film. made me afraid to go thospitals for weeks.
July 9, 2011
This is the worst movie I've seen in many years. This is not a horror movie, as one would guess from the ads and box art. It is not scary, horrifying, thrilling, suspenseful, interesting... I could go on, but you get the point. This has no point. It is bigoted, misguided, poorly paced, poorly written and poorly acted. I should have known from the opening scene what stupidity I was in for. The only positive things I can mention are the box art being cool (though not really indicative of the movie), seeing Lawrence-Hilton Jacobs for the first time since Welcome Back Kotter, and Katherine Cunningham-Eves is quite a hottie. Watch something else. You won't regret it.
June 23, 2011
A very smart and creative movie.
June 4, 2011