Sublime Reviews

• Nov 26, 2017

I dont normally enjoy Horror/Thriller but this one I did. It wasn't gory or anything over the top.

• Jan 21, 2017

Decent. I remember this being a watchable horror when it came out.

Decent. I remember this being a watchable horror when it came out.

• Aug 17, 2015

Worst movie I've ever wasted my life watching!

Worst movie I've ever wasted my life watching!

• Oct 11, 2014

Sublime is a solid thriller from Warner Brother's Raw Feed films and it is by far my personal favorite Raw Feed movie. This movie is about a successful IT consultant name George Grieves who goes to Mt. Abaddon Hospital for a routine colonoscopy. But soon he wakes up in a different room, his condition starts to change from good to bad and people are treating him strangely, he also starts seeing a black male nurse who keeps changing his I.V. who also might have killed a patient next to him the other night and he also gets suspicious when he starts to learn some of the hospital's darkest secrets and soon George must escape from the hospital's dark and sadistic secrets that he's witnessing. I have to be honest I didn't like this film first when I watched it back in my elementary years because I find it complicated, confusing and flat but when I started watching it I finally understand the whole film and when I watched it again I like it already. What's very good about Sublime is that the film is well developed and moves in the right pace. Horror fans won't enjoy this movie because there are so many scenes that they aren't looking for and this is not really a Horror film at all since the movie is very slow in the pacing and there are no scares except for a few gory parts but movie goers will love this film if Horror fans won't enjoy this film. What's also good about this film is that the movie has a strong character development and the build up is intriguing at the same time plus there are a couple of scenes that are creepy and sometimes disturbing(The creepy east ward scenes, The sequence where George witness Mandingo kill another patient next to him and the outstanding climax)oh and the cinematography is ace and the editing along with the soundtrack by Kathleen York(who also portrays George's wife in the film ) is superb for the film oh and the movie has loads of amazing plot twists and turns that will keep you guessing until the end. Ok now to the flaws of the film. The main issue with Sublime is that the movie suffers from a lot of plot holes and at certain points the movie is confusing as well plus there's a couple of poor CGI effects that were useless and bad(The CGI birds and the CGI tattoo in Mandingo's chest) so Horror fans will seriously not enjoy this film also the movie is layered and a bit dragging in parts and you don't know if this is a Horror film or a psychological thriller so its not easy to underestimate this film at all. Nevertheless the movie is entertaining thanks to the performances of the casts. Tom Cavanagh did a very good job with his performance in the film as the main character George Grieves, the same can be said to singer and actress Kathleen York, its also nice to see Kyle Gallner in one of his earlier roles before he appeared in The Haunting In Connecticut and A Nightmare On Elm Street remake. I also love Lawrence Hilton Jacob's performance in the film and his screen time was only 2 or 3 minutes in the first and second half but his performance in the climax was entertaining so all of the casts did a very good job with their performances in the film. First time director Tony Krantz did a very good job with his work on this film and he managed to turn Erik Jendresen's screenplay into an solid thriller that works well and I love how he seriously handled the pacing of this film I hope to see more of his work in the future so far. Overall Sublime is a solid film that is flawed but very entertaining at the same time. Just keep in mind that this is not really a Horror film more of a revival Season 3 Twilight Zone episode with a long run time and a bigger budget. I could imagine that this would be the pilot episode of the Twilight Zone season 3 and it would also be directed by Bryan Singer and written also by M. Night Shyamalan. This movie gets a 7.5/10.

• Aug 27, 2013

Life Lesson... too much nitpicking--Brilliant movie.. for those who can understand!!

• Aug 17, 2013

one of my favs. reminds me of "Jacobs ladder" in a way

one of my favs. reminds me of "Jacobs ladder" in a way

• Jun 25, 2013

HOSPITAL MACABRO - TOMANDO LA DECISION MAS CORRECTA.

HOSPITAL MACABRO - TOMANDO LA DECISION MAS CORRECTA.

• Jun 23, 2013

The crazy thing is, there's a large group of people who thought this movie should be filmed, and they actually went through with it. I could lie to you and say that there isn't a black character in the movie named Mandingo, but then I'd be robbing you of a very good reason to just watch nothing instead of this movie.

• Apr 27, 2013

extremly strange, wierd and twisted movie!

extremly strange, wierd and twisted movie!

• Apr 09, 2013

A thriller with a fresh concept, but one that falls flat. It straddles "boring" and "twisted" and doesn't seem to hop off . It's got bright moments, and really dull moments that make you glance at your watch, so i'm going with 2 and a half stars