Suburban Commando Reviews

• Aug 25, 2020

Today's Viewing: 1991's "Suburban Commando". Directed By "The Best Western Writer Ever", Burt Kennedy, This Film Was Released As A Follow-Up To "No Holds Barred", Starring Hulk Hogan. How Appropriate! Because THIS Film Is A Hulk Hogan Movie, Which Does Not Give Much Actually. The Story? Hulk Hogan Plays Interstellar Space Warrior Shep Ramsey (No, Not Chef Gordon Ramsay), Who Crash-Lands Into Middle-Class Suburbia On Planet Earth To Take A Break From Superhero Duties & Meets The Wilcox Family, With The Husband/Father Charlie Played By Christopher Lloyd. And From There, Ol' Hulky Has To Also Stop The Evil General Suitor & Other Baddies As He Also Explores Human Life On Earth. Now, I Give This Film Credit For A Few Mere Chuckles; Especially When Christopher Lloyd Said, "I Was Frozen Today!" - That Was The Best Joke In The Whole Movie! But It's All Just Boring & Just Plain Stupid. I Mean, It's A Hulk Hogan Film. What Else Did We Expect? I Like Hulk Hogan, But He Looks Like He Doesn't Want To Be In This Film. The Film Rips Off "Star Wars" At The Beginning, The Comedy Doesn't Have Much Laughs, The Climax Was Lame, The Film Shows A Rinced & Repeated Cycle Of Shep Goin' Around Helping Folks, Fighting Crime, Exploring Human Life, & (...) A Pointless Running-The-Yellow-Light Joke, Must I Say More? So Yeah, "Suburban Commando" May Not Be 1 Of The Worst Movies, But's Still Stupid; Still A Bad Movie. The Writing Is Bad & Even The Premise Of The Film Itself Is Nothing Grand-Slamming At All. There's Really Not Much Else To Talk About When It Comes To This Cheap '90s Flick. It's A Boring Piece Of Crap.

• Brendan O Super Reviewer
    Jul 20, 2020

Suburban Commando was a film I loved growing up. That was mainly due to my fascinating with wrestling and love of Hulk Hogan. I thought it was time to revisit this film and was surprised by how bad it actually was. The film is cheap and Hulk Hogan lacks any real charisma in the lead role. There was potential here but sadly it never elevates above the poorly constructed storyline and screenplay. Suburban Commando is a prime example why these wrestlers struggle to branch out from their wrestling personas and sadly Hogan's star quality wasn't able to find a film worthy of his presence. It's not the worst film ever made but it's close, very close. 20/07/2020

• Nov 29, 2019

A Hulk Hogan vanity project disguised as a Masters of the Universe knockoff pretending to be a Star Wars/Rambo crossover, Suburban Commando has some decent bits of action and Christopher Lloyd's performance is entertaining but at the end of the day, it's just a stupid, stupid movie that exists just to cash in on how popular Hulk Hogan was at the moment. Though this movie did give us the immortal quote: "I was frozen TODAY!", so there's that.

• Aug 01, 2019

If your not a 90's kid or a Hulk Hogan fan then you probably won't like this movie. It's good for 90's nostalgia and some funny scenes

• May 12, 2019

"I was frozen today!" The ONLY thing funny about this movie

"I was frozen today!" The ONLY thing funny about this movie

• Jan 09, 2018

Hulkamania is still running wild brother! I love this cheesy movie despite all of the mainstream over criticism from indoctrinated viewers. If you love Hulk Hogan and are a true Hulkamaniac then you will love this! Not to gloss over the awesome Christopher Lloyd, who was frozen today!

• Jun 22, 2017

This movie is fun to watch with a group of friends who share some nostalgia for watching this as children. Also fun to watch with someone who's never seen it before. Don't watch alone.

• May 21, 2017

For what it's worth, this is not a "Good" movie, but it's a fun one. There's just something amusing about putting Hulk Hogan in such absurd situations.

• Feb 01, 2016

Stupid silly goofy Hulk Hogan crap. Terrible acting, cheap sets and effects, cliches, and more schlock than you can handle. It was great! Fun and entertaining B movie. By no means was this a good movie, but I would watch it again. 4/10 for quality, 8/10 for stupid entertainment.

• Oct 20, 2015

Some say Citizen Kane is the best movie of all time, others say a Tarantino or Scorsese masterpiece. I say suburban Commando