Suburban Girl - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Suburban Girl Reviews

½ May 15, 2017
A mess on almost every level. The acting and production values are fine, but the script and tone are a disaster. Even though the age difference is addressed several times in the film, it still came across as creepy and awkward. At 1 hr 37 mins the film feels like the first act is missing but is still overly long. The coverart and Internet list the genre as romantic comedy, but there are no laughs (intentional at least) to be found. It wants to be lighthearted, but deals with cancer, infidelity, and more. Both Gellar and Baldwin each have instances of laugh out-loud horrible dialog. It all goes downhill after the opening credits featuring 'Love Song'.

Don't waste your time, not even a rental.
August 15, 2016
It was very average. At times it was interesting, but it just sort of rolled along without too much of a plot or drive.
½ December 30, 2015
Aburrida, no tiene una historia que te atrape por completo y se convierte tediosa. No sť como la pudieron categorizar como comedia, de comedia no tiene nada.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
This movie was pretty decent altho the story was kinda boring perhaps , not all but some parts. Sarah Michelle Gellar finds romance in an older man (Alec Baldwin) .. the ending was a bit different than similar movies otherwise its just another drama / romance flick.
February 8, 2014
I started yelling at this movie. Not even Alec Baldwin can save this.
½ September 17, 2013
the book is so good. And i recommond it!
½ June 5, 2013
surprisingly great balanced chemistry between alec baldwin and sarah michelle gellar, a good chick flick
May 17, 2013
Not a big fan of chick flicks, but wasn't half bad.
½ April 25, 2013
One ear and out the other. 'Suburban Girl' is a slow paced rom-com which goes nowhere.
½ March 27, 2013
Better than average "emotionally moving Lifetime movie" about a young woman maturing into an adult. It can actually be better than that: just be semi-detached as you watch and the barrage of literary barbs make this a Rom-Com which the writer/director was too myopic to assess. Filled with Gellar's trademark face-pans, walk-bys, and tears; Baldwin is a sweet parody of his expressive, commercial self. I assume Scolari had scenes cut or he would have stolen the show.
½ February 8, 2013
i didn't expect a lot from this movie b/c i wasn't familiar with Brett Eisenberg. however, it was good.
½ January 26, 2013
SMART FUNNY ONE OF A KIND
December 23, 2012
Hey I'm the second Erin Collins to review this movie! It's a truly awful movie. The acting is horrible and the directing is sophomoric. Some other users mentioned that this movie went straight to DVD and I can certainly see why. I can't believe there are people out there giving this movie positive reviews! They must've been bribed by Alec Baldwin.
½ August 14, 2012
Not that good, but it wasn't the worst thing that I have ever seen.....
June 9, 2012
This movie was horrible.
April 6, 2012
It was OK. I don't really have much to say about this movie as it wasn't great, but it wasn't awful. It was just ordinary.
½ April 6, 2012
½ March 18, 2012
Inofensivo comedia rom√°ntico que no aporta nada nuevo pero es entretenida totalmente dominical
½ February 10, 2012
Coming of age rom-com that straddles an uncomfortable line between Sex and the City and The Devil Wears Prada. While good enough to deserve a wider audience than its straight-to-DVD status allowed it, this film is by no means exceptional. We‚(TM)ve seen all the story elements plenty of times, not just in Prada, but also The Nanny Diaries, Confessions of a Shopaholic; hell, even Legally Blonde; just to name a few, and the director doesn‚(TM)t combine them in ways to knock our socks off.

The saving grace here is the excellent acting from the irrepressible Alec Baldwin, and especially Sarah Michelle Gellar, who manages to hold the whole thing together and delivers a performance that lets the film (mostly) skate across its more wobbly patches.
February 3, 2012
A bit like a book full of short stories,some are good, others are not as good.