The Suburbans - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Suburbans Reviews

½ December 22, 2010
(**): Thumbs Down

Not really that funny but the cast was likeable. Fair at best.
August 5, 2010
Coming out of the theatre i
did not hear a single person laugh.
½ May 22, 2010
It has a surprisingly good cast but honestly, this movie sucked. It was like an American version of Boy Town, but not as funny. Actually it wasn't funny at all.
½ September 19, 2009
poor film, not funny at all.
½ September 9, 2009
This was a movie I wanted to see because Jennifer Love Hewitt was in it. Yeah, I have a love crush on her too. :) When I saw this movie, the other stars like Ben and Jerry Stiller and Will Ferrell made me laugh too. And Bridgette Wilson, the lovely woman that she is, was adorable and her character was one that was argh!!!! And there were a few guest stars that made it humourous.

The overall concept was kind of funny and makes you wonder if someone was in that position, would they do the same thing? All I can say is that J. Love was hot and damn. :) Although it was funny too, especially the ending. Poor guy. It was worth the watch and those Stillers...hahaha...funny.
June 11, 2009
MOST HILARIOUS MOVIE EVA! MUST SEE! BETTER THAN A BLOWJOB FROM YOUR BEST FRIENDS PARAPLEGIC MOTHER. LITERALLY!
½ November 18, 2008
This is honestly one of the worst movies I have ever seen.
October 6, 2008
An emmy-worthy performance by the master of comedy, Will Ferrell.
September 16, 2008
have to see it becuz will is in it - doesnt mean its good
August 27, 2008
By far Will Ferrell's worst movie, & no I haven't seen Bewitched...not funny at all, the song even sucked
½ August 23, 2008
I'd like to see an 80s movie made about getting an ill-fated 90s band back together. It would have to be better than this.
August 20, 2008
Koselig nok film dette her, komedie-drama-opplegg. Egentlig ganske lite å si.
½ August 7, 2008
Horrible movie... but I'll sit through anything with JLH in it.
July 20, 2008
I never heard of this movie before. But I laughed out loud a few times. So not a total waste of my time. ;)
July 19, 2008
A nice and good-natured film that finds itself a success for Jennifer Love Hewitt alone. She dominates the cast inside and out. Any actor sharing a scene with her is crushed by her talents. Seriously, she is the ruler of this picture. Whether she attempted to steal the movie or not is up to the individual viewer.

The Suburbans really is nothing more than average, considering it plays like a half hour sitcom. This plot could have fit inside an episode of just about any suburbia family show of the 80's and 90's.

There's no reason to hate this film, but no reason to love it either. Check it out to see Love Hewitt commanding the screen. Her character is simple, but she destroys her co-stars. It's wonderful to watch.
April 12, 2008
Jennifer Love Hewitt tries to get her favorite one hit wonder 80s band back together. It turns out tougher than she tought when nobody shows interest in seeing the Suburbans again.
½ April 4, 2008
the only thing that saves this movie if anything is the fact will ferrell and ben stiller are in it. oh and JLH in this movie, HO HO HOT! people look like aliens in this movie though. well...late.
March 26, 2008
there was one good part with will ferrell.
½ March 13, 2008
Will Farrell is more of a supporting character, but this is a true fratpack movie thanks to Ben making the movie with his hilarious cameo. Unfortunatly that cameo is the only good scene. Boring movie!
½ March 8, 2008
even jlh couldnt save this movie - very bad