Summer '04 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Summer '04 Reviews

June 14, 2013
Summer '04 is a weird little number with actors who are trying to have a good go of it but never get anywhere. There are affairs with few consequences. There are adorations of an underage girl..with few consequences or normal thought.
½ November 18, 2010
An odd one. Liked the european awkwardness. Don't like the plot so much.
April 16, 2010
Sommer '04 handles prickly subject matter with the lightness of a summer breeze.
½ January 28, 2009
una extra˝a historia tal como el comportamiento humano
November 16, 2008
Huh...this was far, far worse than expected. A psychological thriller? I suppose it was psychological in that none of the characters behaved like humans I have ever met and it was somewhat thrilling to predict the next idiotic move. It was only slightly more interesting than a bad American movie because it was German. Rare to see a film where all of the male characters are inane.
½ September 9, 2008
Un final puede rescatar una pelicula y este es un buen ejemplo
½ September 7, 2008
what is it a thriller??? couldn't stand any of the character in this movie!
½ May 25, 2008
que raros alemanes, ├?┬┐as├ş ser├ín todos?.. y que problemas tan reales, tan cercanos..
March 25, 2008
to kriokwlo ergo tou mina.....mprrrr
½ March 18, 2008
This is a respectable example of the comedy-thriller genre. The story is nicely constructed, and it's well-cast in the sense that some of the clumsiness of the acting, which didn't seem deliberate, actually helped add depth to the characters and the story.
February 11, 2008
Good lord. Where to start. Alright, first off....sailing plays a huge role in the film (strike one. I hate boat movies). Secondly...there is an American in it speaking German with a horribly American accent, it just hurt my ears and made me want to cry to hear the language butchered like that (and made me pray to god that I don't sound that crass when I speak German). Thirdly...very slow moving and very fucked up (not in a good way). I just didn't like it.
January 14, 2008
a well made Rohmerian moral tale from Germany..
½ December 1, 2007
I liked it.... I am not big on subtitles, but the movie story line was good... :)
October 22, 2007
Rich, languid, kind of a sinister version of a Rohmer film. A bit of an aside. The credits and the music that plays with the credits...just so totally wrong.
September 9, 2007
lots of rich characterization...the irony of the mature/immature role swappage in the film just sweetens the pot!
August 16, 2007
looks like it could be a good movie
August 11, 2007
This movie is utterly compelling, with a distant, somewhat sterile approach to its intimate story. Huge kudos to the quintet of principals... really outstanding performances on display here!
August 9, 2007
I'll forgive Martina Gedeck for this one because she was the best part about it, the rest was so awful I walked out. Don't bother ...
½ July 31, 2007
watchable but a bit of an odd plot.
July 31, 2007