Summer Camp Nightmare - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Summer Camp Nightmare Reviews

August 19, 2016
Chuck Connors as a brutal camp leader in this silly teen cheese horror pic.
½ March 1, 2015
If you come into this thinking it will be a horror film, you will be disappointed.
Such is the circumstances that happened to me.
March 26, 2014
Government cuts can have a disastrous effect on social programs. One such example is at Camp North Pines where lower funding has left the camp with fewer counsellors. There is some immediate chafing against Mr. Warren's rigid rules, which becomes a full revolt after he cancels the dance and talent show and decides the boys would not be allowed to see the girls at the neighbouring camp for the rest of the summer. I expected this to be a slasher film but it wasn't and was pleasantly surprised that it was a serious attempt to make a good film.
April 19, 2013
A very cheesy but decent mid 80s summer camp action drama. It breaks the mold from the Friday The 13th and Sleepaway Camp clones and does its own thing. Having more in common with the Lord of the flies more than anything when the boys at this camp rebel against their creepy pedo camp counselor.Its full of the right amount of laughs and suspense to hold your interest despite its dated music and somewhat shitty dialog. The acting in this can be cringe worthy at times,not to mention the cheesy talent show, but all in all its worth a watch for some 80s nostalgia. Its also good for someone who's a fan of summer camp themed movies who want alitlte something different. This is pretty much like the 90s kids movie Camp Nowhere mixed with Lord Of The Flies with winning results.
½ February 8, 2013
A stupid plot,poor execution,and of course the acting!!
½ October 21, 2012
This is a good movie! Not what I expected when I saw the title. Hope they release this on DVD.
½ August 9, 2012
i saw this on youtube and i so wish i could go back and take back those 89 minutes of my life watching this horrible movie the quality is from like 40's the acting completely sucks the characters in this film are stupid everyone about this is stupid it's the worst film i have ever seen it is an extreme insult to call this a film and i love horror movies it seems this movie was bad on purpose and I'm being very generous giving this a half of star
October 29, 2011
Lord of the Flies gets a campground setting and an anti authoritarian streak to it. I enjoyed it as a kid, but it's still a low budget affair that is far from essential viewing. It is fun to see former Chicago Cub Chuck Connors as the camp director, whose character is not long for this Earth.
August 14, 2011
September 3, 2010
Cheesy acting with a cheesy 80's soundtrack (Beef Bologna),Chuck Connors as CREEPY Mr. Warren,Kids taking over their summer camp,Whats not to love??? So bad its good
½ April 25, 2010
A kid sent to summer camp has nothing but bad luck.
March 25, 2010
OtrO CLaSIco del TerroR...
½ January 7, 2010
i loved this as a kid and i still love it to this day
November 6, 2009
this was a classic i loved this one
½ August 30, 2009
This movie is to the summer camp movie genre of the 80s what Altamont was to the sixties. While the setting might be 'Meatballs,' the plot is pure 'Animal Farm'/'Lord of the Flies.' And while the quality is atrocious, the acting poor, and the budget low, this movie does have a charm of pacing -- it is chronically interesting to watch. Not a good movie, but a diamond in the rough for what it is: a movie which transcends the 80s stereotypes in which it is steeped. Nothing pleases me more than a movie that is better than it should be; this is one of those movies. However, good luck tracking down a copy. I watched it on Youtube.
July 5, 2009
For those who ever wonder what if Lord of the Flies took place at a summer camp during the 80s. I know you're thinking Simpsons did it, but this flick did it first.
July 5, 2009
beef beef beef .. beef baloney!!!!!!!!!
runk the punk rocks
½ June 7, 2009
I love this movie...I can't wait to see it again..It was one of my favorites growing up!!!
January 9, 2009
Cheesy 80s movie, but I loved it as a kid! Now, having watched good movies, I realize it was such a waste of time, but hey, I enjoyed it then! I love one song in the soundtrack, which I can't find anywhere...I'd pay anything to have that song!!!!!!
½ November 8, 2008
Another one I loved as a youth. It was titled "The Butterfly Revolution" on my unnecessarily bulky VHS ex-rental copy, that was far too big for my video shelf. (Remember them?)