Summer in the Forest Reviews

• Apr 12, 2018

The film asks "What does it mean to be a human being"? After watching Summer In The Forest, you may ask yourself more questions: What does it mean to love? What does it mean to laugh? What does it mean to really spend time with another person? What are my values? How do I live each day? What is pure? What is unconditioned? What is something, one small thing I can do right now, or tomorrow, to more accurately bring the life I live every minute of every day, into conformity with the values that form the core of my being? This is not a Great film, or even a Great Documentary, but if you're lucky, if you're very, very lucky ... and blessed, it will change your life, and elevate you.

• Mar 27, 2018

This straightforward story of friendship, told straight from the mouths and hearts of adults with disabilities has touched me deeply. The honor and dignity with which they are treated, and, in turn treat one another with has made me reconsider my fast-paced life in the city. David's dancing, Sebastian's ability to be in charge of his own life, Michel's articulation of what Vanier's friendship means to him - this is an exceptional and beautiful portrayal of Real Life. Spending time and even wasting time as we're becoming who we are meant to be.

• Mar 27, 2018

Movie leaves a profound impact on how you view others and yourself as part of humanity.

• Mar 26, 2018

This movie is a must see. The more you learn and expose yourself to something you do not understand or even perhaps fear, the bigger your heart grows. As a native French, living in NYC and mother of a child with special needs, I was moved, inspired comforted in the idea that there might very well be "some Jean Vanier" out there for my son when he gets older. Also, the cinematography is spectacular.

• Mar 25, 2018

Quite possibly the only documentary to ever keep my eyes filled with tears--tears of joy and of sadness. Summer in the Forest is a wonderful story that will change your perspective on people with disabilities and those with enormous hearts, like Jean Vanier, who can openly and honestly share their love and life with everyone suffering from a disability in a world that shuns them. You will have fun watching this film and it will hopefully open your eyes to a world outside of your smartphone screen.

• Mar 23, 2018

Beautiful movie. This movie shows what LOVE means, it shows LOVE in action. This film reminds us of what life is really about & how unfortunate yet fortunate most of us really are. 5 stars!

• Mar 23, 2018

A heart warming and beautiful depiction of the l'Arche communities. Would highly recommend - it touched my heart and the hearts of many others. Amazing film about an amazing mission. Jean Vanier teaches us how to love.