Summer Love (Dead Man's Bounty) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Summer Love (Dead Man's Bounty) Reviews

April 24, 2016
Summer Love (Aka Dead Man's Bounty) (2007) ??
Atrocious, smarmy Western about a silent drifter who arrives in greasy town where he is instantly--for no reason--picked on. He causes trouble and has the "law" chase him. You know where this is going. All that's missing is a lot of gratuitous sex with dozens of shots of full-frontal female nudity (Oh, wait. No, check), animal cruelty (check), about 30 or so bloody shootouts (check), and a "poetic" ending (double check). Quite possibly the worst movie ever made involving a horse. One merit: Sleazy bounty hunters with lots of hilariously awful dialogue. Where's Mr. Wayne or Mr. Eastwood when you need them the most!?
December 26, 2013
Ok, I'm trying to be honest. Love when good modern Western films come out. Love the genre, the costuming, and weapons. Love the badass characters. This film has them all but it's just plain strange. Almost too strange for me to understand. Will require more viewings to figure it out. Val Kilmer is in the movie but trust me, he doesn't do much and his part could've been played by anyone.
½ May 25, 2012
What the.... did i just watch? Give me hot pokers to the eye. This will have to be the worst movie I have seen., Words escape me.
April 14, 2012
this is the worst movie ever made
November 8, 2011
Monday, November 7, 2011

(2006) Dead Man's Bounty
WESTERN

Super low budget straight-to-rental Western film full of second rate acting and directing, with a cast consisting of foreign actors doing their best speaking English centers on a bounty hunter attempting to collect a $500 reward from a drunken sheriff, and ends up losing his bounty after a game. Then after a one-night stand with an old broad, a group of buffoons who're supposed to be outlaws end up chasing this bounty hunter throughout the desert on horses while he manages to escape and hide away from them on foot. Some of the main characters often quote one note pointless liners, similar to listening to a narcisstic student speaking on front of a classroom for instance. Production values is very low with second rate acting for the exception of Val Kilmer as the dead guy on the wanted poster, who just lies on the ground with a point of view coming through him as well, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

Pointless
zero stars/ Bomb
½ February 11, 2010
What the hell did I just watch?
½ September 18, 2009
Without a doubt the worse attempt at western of all time. And do not even begin to believe the dribble about it being spaghetti- to try to coax you into watching it. I am Polish and I was embarrased. The acting, the directing, the transitions- beyond terrible. And do not even get me started on Kilmer's so-called part. I never dreamt I would, but I actually burned the copy given to me by a friend, seriously I burned it- so that it had no chance of seeing the inside of another dvd player. It is that bad. In no way, is any of this an exagerration.
½ March 3, 2009
Val is wanted. Val is dead. A bounty hunter finds his body. The sheriff won't pay him for the corpse. Some guns get drawn. Everyone chases the bounty hunter. Boring. And its evident that the Director thought so too. So he put in some sex scenes with a plump redhead. Didn't save it. Do yourself a favour and avoid this crap.
½ February 17, 2009
I have to say, isn't it interesting that often the best westerns are European? I'm not exactly saying this was '[b]the best[/b]' but think of Sergio Leone's 4 great American releases. I mean 'The Good the Bad and the Ugly" + "Once upon a time in the west"? These were fantastic films, shot not by Americans. This movie definitely opened in classic Sergio style with slow dialogue and interesting shots. I agree with others that the heart that Sergio had wasn't necessarily in this one, but, it is Polish and not Italian, so some of the high opera was definitely lost. But, I think this movie almost stands on its on in some ways as not a mere rip off of a spaghetti, or American style western, but rather it borrows from both types and adds its own eastern European touches. If you REALLY like westerns, or rather 'good' westerns, and you like different styles 'i.e. you liked Dead Man', you will most likely find this one a gem.
½ January 27, 2009
Very hard to follow the story line. I didn't like this movie at all, wait of time.
½ January 8, 2009
One of the worst movies I've ever seen, there are no words to describe how awful it is.
January 3, 2009
Brother saw it. HATED IT. Seems that Val Kilmer wasn't paid enough to talk, so he's just laying on the ground. no point, static, and circular.
December 15, 2008
no thanks not my thing
August 23, 2008
this is the worst movie ever made
½ August 19, 2008
this is the WORST movie i have ever seen!!! i want to hunt these people down and make them pay for their crimes! WTF!!!!
½ August 1, 2008
What a strange Polish view on the old west. Plenty of blood. Almost impossible to follow at times. Really interesting but it moves slowly. Val Kilmer is dead through the whole thing and yet on the DVD cover his picture was front and center.
½ July 28, 2008
Really awful stuff. Couldn't make it past the second beating scene. Val Kilmer plays a dead guy. Horrible.
½ July 21, 2008
Turned it off after 10 minutes of essentially zero dialogue and lots of artsy fartsy camera shots. Just dumb. Really really dumb!
July 6, 2008
Only heard about this one recently....
½ June 18, 2008
This movie sucked hardcore. I would not suggest it to anyone, unless I hated them.