Summer Magic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Summer Magic Reviews

½ September 23, 2015
Not sure what the point was. And the ending was a bit sudden, but generally saccharine enough for me to at least somewhat enjoy.
½ May 8, 2015
I watched the hell out of this movie as a kid. A fun movie to relax with, but with little conflict to really compel the viewer to get invested in what little story there is. I do love the "Pink of Perfection" song.
August 13, 2014
A sweet inoffensive story, which filled a couple of hours, but didn't hold my attention much as I'd hoped.
April 21, 2014
It was not magical, but it does have the Disney cheese to warm your belly.
December 28, 2013
Summer Magic is an underrated yet must see live action Disney musical. You'll find a few of the best songs from the Sherman Brothers in this movie. Hayley Mills has her usual charm and Burl Ives is funny in the role of Osh Popham. It's a comforting film with a silver lining! (First viewing - Late 2009)
½ June 30, 2013
Charming Disney film set in a highly-idealized turn-of-the-century country town is like watching a musical postcard come to life. Bonus points to Burl Ives.
August 23, 2012
The Ugly Bug Ball!! It's kind of cheesy but so heart warming. Burl Ives just shines, as always. And, I think Deborah Walley was outstanding as cousin Julia, rather than her role of Gidget.
½ August 14, 2012
This movie was sweet, I really liked it. I love Haley Mills in everything she has done! Such a likable actress.
April 20, 2012
I always watch this with my mother just as Summer begins.
February 28, 2012
Summer Magic? That Ol' Summer Magic?
February 15, 2012
Was there meant to be a sequel to this film or was it cut short for some reason? I really enjoyed the film, even years later after watching it originally, but what gets me is that the film just stops. Hayley Mills finds out that the man she is dancing with is her ‚~Yellow Peril‚(TM) Tom Hamilton, but we don‚(TM)t find out what he is going to do with the house. Is he going to evict the Carey family and live there himself? Is he going to travel back to China, or is he going to sweep Nancy off her feet and live as one big happy family? Like I say, a good film, but still needs a few questions answered.
December 4, 2011
GREAT MUSICAL!!!!!!!!
June 30, 2011
Incredible old Disney movie.
June 16, 2011
Every summer growing up as a kid in the early 90s, my mom and I would watch this together on Disney and we loved it! Is it cheesy? Oh yeah. Is the CGI terrible? Definitely. Are the songs cornier than a hot summer day in Kansas? You know it. But this is what makes it a family favorite. I was overjoyed when I was able to find it at my local video store. I watch it at least once a month with my mom and we constantly sing the songs. Recently I took a trip to Disneyland with my husband and was ecstatic when I heard Beautiful Beulah playing near Snow White's wishing well. The songs are terribly cheesy, but so catchy. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys the classics -- and doesn't mind the sound of Hayley Mills singing!
February 15, 2011
I'm sure I saw it, just don't remember it. Guess it's not memorable.
½ August 25, 2010
if you like Hayley Mills, Burl Ives, or old Disney live action, or musicals of any kind, give this one a chance. Burl Ives is so awesome, he really steals the show. It's totally corn ball and really kind of sexist but the songs are fun and it's really just sweet.
July 29, 2010
The usual cute fun you'd get from a Hayley Mills movie.
July 21, 2010
I love that you like this movie!!! I have always loved it. I saw and The Happiest Millionaire in the theater way back in the olden days!!! I am glad we watched it together. Love you, Heidibear!
½ April 12, 2010
Love, love, love this film! I would like to live in a ramshackle house and put ribbons in my hair. Maybe it is just the nostalgia but this is a great film for a rainy Sunday afternoon for a bit of cosiness. Makes the world seem lovely again.
April 4, 2010
Sickly-sweet musical which is a vehicle for Hayley Mills innocent on-screen persona. Everything is just too idealistic.