Summer of My German Soldier Reviews

• Oct 06, 2011

A buddy of mine loves this . . . so it must be good.

A buddy of mine loves this . . . so it must be good.

• Mar 07, 2010

My grandfather was in this.

My grandfather was in this.

• Oct 23, 2009

I absolutely LOVE this movie, one of my all time favorites EVER...it's so sweet, so sad, so heartbreaking, so GREAT. I know it's old, but give it a chance people!! Bruce Davison is awesome in this role...this is the youngest I've ever seen him, and he nailed this part of an escaped German POW. Awesome movie. Just simply AWESOME!! See it if you haven't.

• Dec 05, 2008

This was my absolute favorite movie growing up! I love it still; so special, so great, so touching.

• Jul 31, 2008

I love this story, of a Jewish girl who falls for a German prisoner of war. Its pulls you in and makes you forget everything else, as you live their story. Fantastic film.

• Feb 25, 2008

this sypnosis leaves out an important part of the plot. patty bergen, as played beautifully by kristy mcnichol, is jewish. esther rolle, in an emmy award-winning performance, is stellar as the film's moral center. it would be nice if one of the retro channels would show these tv films, especially the good ones like this. or even the silly ones like the abc afterschool specials. because films like the ones john hughes made were not my 70s and 80s experience. summer was.

• Jan 05, 2008

this is a cute story. she hid him in her room...

this is a cute story. she hid him in her room...

• Dec 04, 2007

interesting adaptation of the book. Haven't seen it in so may years.

interesting adaptation of the book. Haven't seen it in so may years.

• Jun 30, 2007

Paedophillic overtones, but I loved this as a kid.

Paedophillic overtones, but I loved this as a kid.