Sunburn Reviews

• Nov 23, 2012

This film is very good but hard to get hold of, so if you do get a chance to see it, you definitely should. The budget wasn't very large on this, obviously, but then again, this type of story doesn't require loads of money being thrown at it (not that there's anything wrong with that, just that some stories don't need it and some do. Imagine Terminator with an indie budget....wouldn't work) The basic story centres around a group of Irish kids who are involved in a summer job exchange programme in Long Island, and their exploits at a beachside town far from home. The main characters are all good and quite believable in their roles, but most especially Cillian Murphy as the rather unsavoury Davin (he leaves his girlfriend in the lurch and runs off to America) and Paloma Baeza as Aideen, who's level-headedness and responsibility are refreshing when juxtaposed with the other characters and stands as the direct opposite of Murphy's wrecklessness. The music, costuming, and cinematography are all spot and, and the viewer can perfectly picture themselves transported back to a hot summer day in the late nineties (which holds a special place in my heart because I was in my mid to late teens in the late nineties) This film comes highly recommended.

• scott g Super Reviewer
    Jan 09, 2012

Early Cillian murthy, a few indie films from this time were coming out before his breakout 28 days later, that showed whats to come. this wasnt great and i felt its U,S setting didnt work in terms of filmed location, it seemed to me it was filmed in South africa or australia.and then the actual story at times didnt take me anywhere, Paloma Baeza as his love interest had something but ive not seen anything that i know of since

• Oct 29, 2011

A great cast tell the story of a group of Irish students who find themselves in America. Unfortunately, a dull plot and slow pace really let this film down, which is a shame as it had a lot of potential.

• Aug 17, 2011

• Apr 03, 2010

Love the ending sequence

Love the ending sequence

• Apr 27, 2008

So cool movie....but the story was not that interesting without Cillian Murphy...he was the lovely touch that without it...the movie sucks...Cillian give all to this film...the others...did not give the 100 Murphy gived on the characters...anyway...I realy prefere enjoying the music video of the movie...

• Jan 21, 2008

Not a terrible movie, but not a great one either. To be honest, if Cillian Murphy wasn't in this film for me to look at, I would have stopped watching.