Sunday's Illness (La enfermedad del domingo) Reviews

• Aug 09, 2020

Not my type of film however, the actresses in it makes it interesting

Not my type of film however, the actresses in it makes it interesting

• Jun 01, 2020

la verdad la historia de la pelicula no me gusto para nada, y menos ese final,esperaba otra cosa. 4/10

• May 26, 2020

Excellent acting. Very sad.

Excellent acting. Very sad.

• May 11, 2020

Annabel is silently confronted by a woman who stares at her for what feels like years. It's intense and awkward as if one was waiting to see what the other would do. Eventually, the woman leaves a note and walks off. When we see them again we find out it's Chiara her daughter she abandoned decades ago. The initial scene set the mood for the majority of the film…silent, uneasy, slow, and mysterious. Annabel reluctantly agrees to stay with Chiara for 10 days in a remote house in the middle of nowhere. It's beautiful, secretive, serene, and lush. The uneasiness between mother and daughter who hardly know each other is difficult to watch. Chiara seems bizarre and manipulative. While Annabelle seems cold and distant. The film is about connection, life, love, happiness, suffering, and expectations. It is subtle storytelling that speaks the most when everyone is silent. Non-verbal communication is the most powerful communication because our brain picks up on it subconsciously. Within the first 30 minutes, I had an idea about Chiara's motives simple by the way she reacted. I am impressed with Ramón Salazar because that takes attention to detail to create. In all, Sunday's Illness is best to watch when you are unwinding and want to see a thought-provoking and slow drama. People who are observant will appreciate this film. Those who think Games of Thrones is too slow should pass.

• Nov 23, 2019

Very artsy, contemplative.

Very artsy, contemplative.

• Feb 02, 2019

Between 3 and 3.5 stars. Difficult movie, but the complete presence in it of two wonderful actresses make it thrilling.

• Nov 19, 2018

I should have stopped when I wondered what that unnecessary drama around the dinner table was for. Wannabe art film littered with "art film" cliches.

• Aug 05, 2018

Wonderful film! Very moving. Gripping story, fabulous actors' performance. Deeply emotional and insightful on so many levels! R

• Jul 10, 2018

I thought it was great. The plot, filming, the acting, and the end!

I thought it was great. The plot, filming, the acting, and the end!

• Jun 19, 2018

I can't stop thinking about this movie. truly a deep treasure, painful and thought provoking. It is awesome to see such a fine piece of art for a change of pace.