Super Reviews

• May 30, 2021

So this is what Dwight does in his spare time. In all seriousness though, this movie is really good.

• Apr 16, 2021

It is a misunderstood work that really shows us a reality that many choose to ignore, and yes, that reality is our own world.

• Mar 22, 2021

4.5/10 — "Pretty Bad"

4.5/10 — "Pretty Bad"

• Jan 04, 2021

This was unique, fun, and surprisingly very bloody and brazenly vulgar. I didn't love it, sure, but I more than appreciated its eccentric style. The performances were all around really good, even if Wilson's protagonist is extremely pitiful and pathetic at times. Definitely a companion piece to 'Kick-Ass' which I remember not caring for the first time I saw it on Redbox. Definitely check this one out if you're a James Gunn (Guardians of the Galaxy) fan.

• Sep 11, 2020

it is a decent movie. it is a good watch and it feels like one of the more realistic movies about people being super heros

• Sep 09, 2020

One of the strangest movies I feel I've ever seen, especially for one I'd never heard of before I found it and stuck it on. I am a huge fan of Wilson, Bacon and Gunn, but Ellen Page really makes this movie for me. I'm so used to seeing her playing the reserved, nervous type that seeing her play this charasmatic, loudmouth, take no prisoners character was so enjoyable! Sure it's silly and has it's issues, (it being all over the place tonally, for one) it is still a great cast making an entertaining movie!

• Sep 01, 2020

Cute and quirky turns to violent and disturbing. Less even and polished than its Kick-ass counterpart.

• Aug 25, 2020

The low rating is criminal.

The low rating is criminal.

• Jun 27, 2020

Before he directed Guardians of the Galaxy, James Gunn made this indie superhero movie that's not as quirky as the trailer made it out to be. Instead, it's a disturbing black comedy that's rather unpleasant. Seriously, this is possibly the most mean-spirited superhero movie I have ever seen. I mean, the sense of humour, while not the worst, can be quite appalling. Likewise for the cringy violence but at least it's not a horror movie. What ultimately makes this movie above-average for me is not just its cast and premise but also well-directed moments and themes that can leave one thinking about the concept of morality and whether it's really worth it to become a real-life superhero..a vigilante by any other name. In a bizarre sort of way, Super is underrated. It's no Kick-Ass but it clearly isn't trying to be. Though I doubt I'll be watching this movie again. Seriously, the disturbing nature of this movie.

• Jun 17, 2020

Funny or Horrible? The film could not decide. Was I supposed to feel bad about the sidekick dying? She just raped a person.