Super 8 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Super 8 Reviews

September 11, 2016
As great as good movies get, but still just a good movie.
September 6, 2016
So crazy to watch. Progressive and flowing... Almost but not enough
September 4, 2016
Excellence on point.
September 4, 2016
I am very disappointed in this movie. The CGI was pretty good hence the two stars other than that It was basically a hodge podge of familiar characters remesense of days gone by in a typical middle class life. Throw in an alien from Close Encounters who seems to run havoc and there room for disaster! There was one part where the main character (Joe Lamb) is staring face to face with the alien and starts a conversation with it like it was E.T. Smh* What an absolutely ridiculous movie. 1:52 wasted minutes of my life I will never get back.
September 1, 2016
Well acted. Entertaining story about kids shooting a movie when disaster strikes.
½ August 30, 2016
4.5/5. A more violent version of E.T., this movie is still a lot of fun and has some really great performances.
½ August 17, 2016
A fantastic sci-fi adventure, that makes you feel like you're watching a Spielberg movie, really well done, the performances by the kids are great, the suspense in revealing the creature is great, Abrams does a great job and how's how much he loves movies in this tribute to 80s film and filmmaking in general.
August 16, 2016
Problemas familiares, criaturas extraterrestres, sumiço de cães e uma narrativa centrada em um grupo de adolescentes tentando desvendar mistérios... SUPER 8 não é excelente, mas é uma bela homenagem aos clássicos de ficção americanos (principalmente os do Spielberg) dos anos 80.
August 13, 2016
A great movie the first time you see it, the the allure wears off after a few viewings. It was nice to see that the kids were actually pretty good actors, that's something that is rare. Good adventure film that really only requires one viewing.
½ August 12, 2016
Super 8 traz um roteiro emocionante e divertido,alta ficção cientifica de peso e atuações fantásticas.
½ August 12, 2016
Un film intrigante che ci riporta alla memoria i vecchi film di Spielberg degli anni 80. Nonostante il finale un po' scontato, la storia intrattiene una vasta fetta di pubblico e dal punto di vista tecnico non c'è niente da dire.
August 10, 2016
Not the Spielberg film it wanted to be, but the first hour and a half comes close to capturing some of that magic. Ending is lame though. And the monster has echoes of Cloverfield.
August 6, 2016
Copies Spielberg but not as good. Lots of over the top moments that were completely unnecessary, like the over the top train crash for example. Also has the usual problems with modern CGI effects in that we lose realistic movement and get high speed instead. I prefer realistic movement but Hollywood can't seem to do that as well as they used to before CGI. Its a shame because this could have been a classic.
½ August 5, 2016
Super 8 was fun for the most part, with a sense of an 80s movie it is able to dazzle many children and adults alike.
August 3, 2016
Overhyped and a slow-paced storyline. The only thing to save this silly mess is the visual effects and even then it still manages to be ludicrous and completely over-the-top.
½ August 2, 2016
The exact opposite of what I expected. What I thought would happen is a similar movie to Cloverfield, but instead received a messy splatter of a film. The cast- majorly children- were annoying and unlikable, however I must give them credit for their performances which was one of two good things about this movie. The other being the CGI. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend this anyone, not unless you want to waste two hours of your time.
Verdict: D
½ July 28, 2016
I appreciate the spirit in which this film was intended, but it only served to demonstrate just how inferior a filmmaker that Abrams is to Spielberg & Dick Donner.

A number of scenes where you see conventional Hollywood wisdom bleed through. Not sure that I've ever hated a character more than the fat kid.
½ July 27, 2016
Absolutely a great film, a must see for movie making fans as well as action/adventure films. The inspiration from ET and other classic Spielberg films make this film fantastic.
July 22, 2016
It did not grab my attention at all! I was expecting it to be like ET mixed with the Goonies. It kind of was but not really. The characters were either boring or annoying and I don't know which is worse. I also thought the story wasn't that interesting, because it's been done too many times. I don't see why a big amount of critics liked it. I just really don't get this movie.
½ July 20, 2016
Though it's not a Spielberg film, "Super 8" is very ambitious and delivers plenty of dazzling effects and excitement cleverly.