Super Hybrid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Super Hybrid Reviews

½ August 29, 2015
As a send up to The Car and Christine, it works; and it it does things a little differently. Nothing spectacular but 100% enjoyable B-movie.
February 10, 2014
typical low budget horror movie naff actors,naff script you would be better off watching maximum overdrive
October 31, 2013
rather corny acting, given I recognized at least 3 of the actors I had expected a bit better. still a half decent movie. The monster is effectively a modern take on the RPG classic monster, the mimic. Rather than an oddly placed treasure chest or a cottage on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, its a car
½ August 25, 2013
crazy ass killer car movie that makes Christine look like a masterpiece. some car which is actually I think a shape changing alien or sea monster terrorises peeps in a police impound/garage. it's a cheap film the effects are ok I guess but it gets pretty boring after an hour.
½ July 1, 2013
A shape shifting, biological creature that takes the form of a car to hunt down victims. Said entity gets towed to a police impound garage and terror ensues. Perfect, perfect premise for a Saturday afternoon SyFy style movie, right? And yet somehow they manage to omit anything and everything that would make this a fun tongue-in-cheek "B" movie. With flat characters, terrible dialogue and confusing, pointless subplots that go nowhere it instead becomes an exercise in frustration and tedium. Go play in traffic instead, it'll probably be more fun.
½ June 15, 2013
I own this on DVD and Blu-Ray
March 12, 2013
The bad thing about this is that I allowed myself to sit through the whole thing.
February 24, 2013
Fell asleep multiple times
½ January 25, 2013
Almost as idiotic as its name suggests, Super Hybrid concerns a shape-shifting, human-devouring car that begins to terrorize a police impound garage. While the film seems like a possibly enjoyable piece of B-movie horror crap, it goes on way too long for its premise and becomes extremely tedious before its ending.
½ January 24, 2013
Complete bollocks... Horribly dull, terribly acted, appalling special effects and a ropey 3d conversion.. The worst thing I've watched in a long time...
½ August 8, 2012
I'd say this is the best of the after dark originals! I love the soundtrack, the action rocks, the creature(car) rocks more, acting's decent and it's a thrill ride start-to-finish! Alot of fun!
July 30, 2012
A living, man-eating, shape-shifting car killing off a group of people trapped in a parking garage made for an entertaining flick. Better than I expected.
June 10, 2012
Perchance the greatest movie of our generation... nay... of all time.
April 16, 2012
A short review for this one.
Badly acted, terrible effects & poorly explained presences.
This is neither Maximum Overdrive or Christine.
April 4, 2012
Attack of the killer Prius!
March 24, 2012
this movie is very interesting. but in all the wring ways the acting is horrible. the movie is drawn out and boring. skip this movie and go see some thing better
March 4, 2012
Silly beyond belief. Why do I add these films to my rental list?
½ February 17, 2012
For the most part, certainly up to a hour, this was b movie okay, it was silly and the car here is a really crappy monster. scenes throghout point this out, but charactors dont learn, think of daleks going up sataires, and then think parking lot pillers and so on. but it has a sence of b miovie, its hjust a shame from a point the film falls apart.
½ January 13, 2012
Fair movie but the shapeshifting could of been better
December 20, 2011
A living, man-eating, shape-shifting car killing off a group of people trapped in a parking garage probably could make for an entertaining flick...but, this isn't it. Super Hybrid is one of the dullest, dumbest "horror" movies I've seen in quite a whole. The characters are impossible to care about and maybe two interesting things happen the entire time. It's not so good that it's bad, it's just bad. And even worse, it's boring.