Super Shark - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Super Shark Reviews

April 29, 2016
Super Shark has a lot going for it. Crazy plot, bikini contests, Syfy regular John Schneider, and a giant walking flying shark. Plus, there's a fight between the shark and a walking tank. Supershark is surely so bad-its good territory, but even then it's not without its slow moments and weak characters.
½ February 13, 2016
this movie is awesome and I know what your thinking oh this movie looks so stupided and cheesy and your exactly right but It is in a good way it's so cheesy it's good I like cgi cheesiness with shark I think super shark is awesome and that you should totaly try it
June 12, 2015
This movie was better than I thought it would be, but that's not saying it's a classic. It was visually appealing in spite of its low budget. The acting was a potpourri of good to really bad. There were the scantily-clad girls and a pan in to a pair of boobs, but that was to be expected. Never saw the shark walk or fly, just jump out of the water or flop on the shore. Nice to see Jerry Lacy (of DARK SHADOWS and PLAY IT AGAIN, SAM) in a small role.
½ June 8, 2015
When I first watched this film I assumed my sky box had gone wrong and started the film about 40 minutes in - it hadn't - things get worse from there.
September 29, 2014
"He makes Jaws look like Flipper, it's Super Shark..."

As with most of these B-Movie Shark features you know exactly what you're going to get before you've even started watching and Super Shark doesn't disappoint. It's fun, doesn't take itself seriously, has a great theme tune and is so ridiculous I actually really enjoyed it and when it's next on SyFy I shall make sure to set TiVo to record.
September 27, 2014
Perhaps the worst movie ever made. Acting diabolical, storyline tripe, special effects laughable and scenery/props crap. Oh dear!
September 4, 2013
the very essence of perfection
August 17, 2013
After searching through OnDemand looking for a quality way to spend my Saturday night, stumbling upon this flick was fulfilling to say the least. The aptly named Super Shark stole the show as he devours innocuous citizen after citizen. The plot consists of townsfolk plotting to overthrow this demon as well as an oil company; the drilling from the oil company spawns the shark's arrival. After numerous side plots that lead nowhere, and an attempt to show as many girls in skimpy bikinis, the dynamic duo of Sarah Lieving and John Schneider go to the army with the news of sharky's power. They eventually kill the shark after a prolonged fight. Somehow, the shark had the ability to survive out of water, allowing him to fight with the tanks. Anyway, if you are in the mood for horrible acting, horrible effects, horrible plot, this is the movie for you.
½ January 9, 2013
With 1990's era video game CGI, and the "of course everything goes wrong" plot its a real thriller! lol
December 26, 2012
Hopeless silly movie. No plot, dialogue was poor, acting was terrible. Don't bother.
December 22, 2012
Low budget but the graphics are better! Loved how the shark looked!
December 5, 2012
I don't know how you have such slow pacing and a boring ass plot for a movie about a fucking super shark.
½ October 3, 2012
This years best creature feature takes the fifth place ony "Best movies of the year" list! I love everything about it for my own reasons, the main being it reminds me how much I used to love sharks and these types of movies and brings back the feeling of excitment from simply watching a shark eat people and walk around on land... it's worth mentioning it's a megalodon shark, my very favorite animal!
½ September 8, 2012
I'm only 15 minutes in and I already want to hurt myself - but it's gotta get better.. right?
September 7, 2012
Not bad enough to be good. Had poor special effects and many physics defying underwater explosions.
½ August 21, 2012
Watched on day off. A bad B-movie. No plot. Completely ridiculous but short and would still rather watch this than shame or carnage which pretend to be good.
July 22, 2012
One does not go into a B-movie expecting to see anything in the line of quality work. One goes into a B-movie expecting comedic values from poor execution, this mostly disappoints and not in a "so bad it's good" way.

Super Shark is about a giant prehistoric shark causing havoc on a nameless town. I'm not kidding when I say that more than half of this film is filler. It started when we're first introduced to our three main characters who are lifeguard and two of the female lifeguards like the same guy. If you're wondering what this to do with the plot i'll tell you. ABSOLUTELY GOT-DAM NOTHING. All those three characters die in the movie and added nothing to it. Though one scene involving the two female lifeguards was funny when one of them shouted "I wish I would die" and then the shark comes out of nowhere and eats both of them. The other plot-line is about a scientist trying to kill the prehistoric sharks. I found it hilarious how she convince and oil tycoon that there's chemical in the water by taking a lemon and squishing lemon juice into it in front of him. The ironic part is that he bought it and it leads to even more filler.

It has a bikini contest which serves no purpose with the most obnoxious host who unfortunately doesn't get eaten. Moments like these serve nothing to move the plot forward, than the filmmakers had the nerve to insert a photo shoot scene of the winners. In that photo shoot scene, a woman defends herself momentarily with a beach umbrella and Super Shark has trouble killing her, though he didn't have problems sinking an entire oil tanker and an taking down an airplane. Which leaves nothing but the climax to talk about, trust me the non shark scenes are nothing worth writing about. The climax involves Super Shark going up against a walking tank, I was actually looking forward this. It's not often you a walking tank fighting against a giant shark, but it disappoints. After a hilariously bad animated battle accompany by cheesy CGI, our Super Shark defeats the walking tank by simply tipping it over by hitting gently with his nose. Now that part of the climax did make me laugh and the scenes involving the shark are entertaining and should make you laugh at least once. Skip the boring humans section, they're terrible actors and aren't interesting.

Super Shark has some funny moments, but the humans take up around 80% of screen time and it's not worth it. Just skip to the shark scenes for some laughs if you want, but for everybody look elsewhere for your entertainment.
July 11, 2012
Very disappointed. I expected a great B-movie like 2-headed shark attack but instead 75% of it was boring talk about how the shark came about and other boring stuff. The 25% featuring the shark is all seen in the trailer. A few fun parts put overall a massive disappointment.
July 3, 2012
You're at the beach looking for a shark and nobody's facing the water. LOL Bad acting check, horrible CGI check and an inexplicable plot check all the makings of a great B-movie.