Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken! Reviews

• 2d ago

It is usually hard to do a movie about food issues. People don't want to know how the hotdog is made. However, this movie presents the issues in a manner where you can be informed but still eat chicken after.

• Feb 17, 2020

‘Supersize me 2' may not have seemed as necessary as its predecessor, but that's not to say that Morgan Spurlock doesn't bring once again, a game changing and storm-worthy message— this time, with a surprisingly breathtaking adrenaline rush of tension, intimidation, emotion and once again- honesty. I was amazed by the level this filmed consumed me. 7.9/10

• Feb 15, 2020

A movie about how we all lie [to ourselves, to others], are lied to, and made suckers. And how no one [but the real bad guys - Tyson Chicken, Monsanto, and perhaps Donald Trump] win. A sometimes touching, funny, honest, probing, revealing look into what it takes to make, grow, and kill chicken; and become the obese America that we are. A fast-food movie well done.

• Feb 10, 2020

Wow! Fantastic! Exposes what's really going on in the chicken industry but shows it in a way of using humor as well as mockery. It's so well deserved. Big Chicken is exposed! The meat industry is next.

• Jan 25, 2020

It's very unfair to compare this to Spurlock's previous work. As a stand alone, it makes it's own points, own arguments, and hits all of the intended marks and it does it in a very clever way.

• Jan 24, 2020

Speaking of wildly popular and controversial, I watched the long-awaited follow up to the 2004 documentary hit, Super Size Me. Now, the sequel, subtitled "Holy Chicken!", was supposed to come out all the way back in 2017 exclusively on YouTube, of all places. However, because of some controversy surrounding director and star of the film, Morgan Spurlock, it didn't end up coming out until 2019. I'm not going to get into the controversy here since it isn't relevant to the film, but I will briefly go over my thoughts on the first movie. While it is a well-made and entertaining film that raises some good points, the whole "eat nothing but McDonald's" experiment portion of the film is deeply flawed at best and possibly outright fraudulent at worst. Still, I enjoyed it for what it was. The sequel is not about eating nothing but, say, KFC for a month. It's actually about Spurlock opening his own fast-food franchise that sells "grilled crispy chicken sandwiches" using all the same tactics that other fast-food restaurants use to trick people into thinking their food is healthy. He doesn't try to hide any of it from his customers, in hopes to educate them about fast-food marketing tricks. He also becomes a chicken farmer in this documentary and exposes corruption within the chicken farming industry. He shines a light on how poorly the farmers are treated and how they really grow chickens for meat. I thought this documentary was very interesting and well-made. I'd actually argue that it's better than the original since it doesn't have the whole experiment aspect to it which has since been proven to be likely exaggerated or influenced by other factors. I'd recommend checking this out, it's very educational and a fun watch. Now, after the controversy that came out recently some might feel uncomfortable with supporting Spurlock's work, which I understand. Personally, I feel like I can separate the artist from the art on a case-by-case basis. This is a case in which I think I can. Spurlock personally came forward completely unprompted and confessed to what he did rather than getting called-out by someone else and denying it like so many others, which I do respect. Also, this documentary has nothing to do with his personal life, which is also a big factor. Anyway, I'm rambling and getting off-topic. This is a good movie. Check it out.

• Jan 17, 2020

Morgan really is just a one string banjo.

Morgan really is just a one string banjo.

• Nov 25, 2019

La lanzó en 2017 en Canadá y hace un par de meses en EUA y esta fenomenal, no tan buena como la primera pero casi. Es todo verdad, solo verdad y ese es el éxito gigantesco de Spurlock, contarle a la gente lo que hay detrás de la industria del pollo en EUA y los múltiples engaños de la industria alrededor de la comida "saludable". Hay que verlo.

• Oct 09, 2019

This movie heavily implies people are consumerist idiots that will buy almost anything because it says organic and all natural on the package - and that's completely true. The low ratings of this movie are a direct result of the audience feeling insulted and humiliated for their ignorance. Super Size Me 2 is very informative, packed with clever humor, and goes into detail about the corruption of the chicken industry. The gimmick of opening his own restaurant may not be as exciting as the 30 day survival challenge of Spurlock's previous film, but it's still very amusing to see how it all plays out.

• Oct 06, 2019

Really great movie. Shows the truth of fast food chains do to their food to trick the consumer.