Superfly Reviews

• Apr 29, 2020

A trip back in time into a dark world that offers ethereal travels, high rewards, and lethal risks. Curtis Mayfield compiled an excellent soundtrack.

• Apr 24, 2020

Super Fly is the dopest is dope!!!!

Super Fly is the dopest is dope!!!!

• Mar 21, 2020

I was able to watch the full movie and that is tough for me to do as I can not sit still or concentrate for a long period of time so it has to be good,,

• Jul 28, 2019

Still relevant almost 50 years later.....great movie, great soundtrack. Curtis Mayfield and Gordon Parks were way ahead of their time!

• May 08, 2019

The best movie quote ever spoken: "Can you dig it?"

The best movie quote ever spoken: "Can you dig it?"

• Nov 23, 2018

Good music, but hammy acting.

Good music, but hammy acting.

• Oct 08, 2018

It's unique because, while being a badass, the protagonist is actually trying to get out of the life, to better himself, to get out from under the thumb of his oppressors. He has it all, money, respect, all the material gains, but it's not enough. It's surprisingly poignant for a movie from this exploitive genre.

• Oct 07, 2018

Possibly the most recognizable and influential blaxploitation crime drama ever made.

• Sep 22, 2018

Not a damn thing I hate about this movie. No wonder it's considered a classic.

Not a damn thing I hate about this movie. No wonder it's considered a classic.

• Feb 15, 2018

The movie may glorify the pusherman, but that Curtis Mayfield OST cuts straight to the real social issues underlying the narrative. The best parts of the film are those paired with Mayfield's songs, especially when the main characters and plots fade into the background and the thing serves as a long music video for some truly superfly grooves.