Superman III - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Superman III Reviews

March 14, 2016
Terrible in every way!
½ March 5, 2016
This movie often tries way to hard to be funny and fails. The effects of this movie are not as good as the first two and Lesters' direction leaves much to be desired. Richard Pryor is trying hard but can not be seen as a good supporting villain or a computer genius. The only ray of hope is Christopher Reave who still puts in a good performance.
½ March 1, 2016
This is the worst superman film so far in the original trilogy. The super villains in this movie are terrible, the worst villains in a superman movie of all time. Not a lot of Lois lane in this movie for some odd reason, just this Lana person that Clark went to high school with. Their is a scene in this movie when superman faces Clark Kent with peers and they separated. Where is the physics in that. I hope superman 4 is much better than this boring self vs self superman movie.
February 14, 2016
Questo Superman perde un po' il fascino dei due precedenti capitoli, e si lascia un po' troppo contaminare dalle atmosfere anni '80 certificate dalla presenza di Richard Pryor.

Divertente, ma niente di pił.
½ February 5, 2016
One of the most insulting superhero films ever made. It left me incensed after watching it. Anything interesting that involves Christopher Reeve, Annette O' Toole, and any of the old gang that's interesting at all is taken over by a plot with Richard Pryor being more annoying than funny (comedians don't belong in superhero movies anyway), villains that are copycats of the villains from the first two films, and a desire to be so comedic that makes it even more insulting, as this film followed two of the best superhero movies ever made that took them selves seriously enough. Richard Donner would be fuming.
½ January 20, 2016
An example of how not to do a superhero movie
½ January 3, 2016
Let's just start off an a nice note in saying that this is one of the worst movies ever put into production. I wasted an hour and a half of my life watching this train-wreck of a movie. This movie is the Batman and Robin of the Superman franchise, which has never been the same since this nightmare. Although Christopher Reeves doesn't do a bad job as Superman, nothing else was even average in this movie. The villain was absolutely horrible. Wouldn't you think that Superman of all people could defeat a computer hacker pretty easily. Ever since seeing this movie I have never been able to think of Superman the same way. I bet even Aquaman could defeat the villain in this movie. The opening scene was so bad that I almost cried to think of what could follow. The entire movie was awful and truly was the death of the Superman movie franchise.

December 26, 2015
While I enjoy watching it, it is still way too cheesy and brainless to take it serious. It has some good ideas, but the way the story is delivered is donwright awful.
December 2, 2015
Awkward and for the most part unfunny, not up to superman standards.
September 24, 2015
Nowhere near as good as the first two. Sad really, but to be expected. The fourth movie won't be that good either then I guess.
September 8, 2015
"Superman III" is so painful to watch. The movie does have some little good moments, but it has too much comedy in it, and still following the same camp factor as what Richard Lester did with "Superman II." We wish if Richard Donner wasn't fired by the Salkinds, so that this franchise would stay strong. Christopher Reeve is still great to watch, but Richard Pryor keeps stealing the show when this is more of his and not Superman's movie. This movie needs more scenes of Superman, than more scenes with Pryor. I don't like "Superman III," and I strongly do not recommend it.
September 4, 2015
I am not sure why this got a low Tomato Meter score. This is a decent sequel without a doubt. The comedy side to this film is very amusing and Richard Pryor is very funny in this film. It is not a bad film at all, as a matter of fact I thought it was quite good. There are a few flaws in this film based on the acting from a few others. But the plot is very interesting. It is a new fresh idea too where Superman turns from good to evil after Kryptonite exposure which was meant to kill him. Definitely not as good as the first two and also not as successful but still enjoyable!
½ September 2, 2015
This third Superman movie is not as good as the first two. It's more of a Richard Pryor movie than a Superman movie. Richard Pryor plays a computer programmer who strips fraction of cents off the paychecks of the big company employees and puts them in his account. This was based on a real case of computer fraud that took place in the 1960's. It's cool to see all the 1970's era computer hardware they used in this movie. Robert Vaughn plays the head of the large company. When he discovers that Richard Pryor has been stealing from him he blackmails him into programming computers into helping him take over the world. The story gets stupid after this. When the computers try to control the weather Superman comes to the rescue. Robert Vaughn and Richard Pryor use a computer to make some synthetic Kryptonite. They get one of the ingredients wrong and instead of kill Superman they just turn him evil. That sets of a battle the evil/chaotic Superman and the lawful/good Superman. That's the only good part of the movie. The comedy in the movie falls flat. They didn't turn Richard Pryor lose to do his thing. They should have let Pryor write more of the story especially the jokes. Richard Pryor is best in the first five minutes of the movie when his unemployment benefits are cut off. He finds an ad for a computer school and decides to learn computer programming. During the movie Clark Kent goes back to Smallville and hooks up with Lana Lang. They play it more as comedy than a real romance. In the end Richard Pryor turns into a good guy and saves Superman from the Supercomputer programmed to kill him.
½ August 18, 2015
its ok not really one of my Superman movies
August 15, 2015
Stock plot points, some of which aren't that great on their own, still make this another super entry, but this film is way too silly compared to the previous installments. Constant slapstick that feels out of place, not to mention a certain actor who probably shouldn't have a place in the franchise. That's not to say the film isn't fun from it all, but it is a bit much of a letdown.
½ August 3, 2015
Whoa boy! Hold onto your hat when you see this @HDTGM classic! I saw this movie when I was 6 or 7 years old and I'm positive it gave me nightmares and had me thinking WTF even though I had no idea what WTF even meant. This movie is crazy. From an Evil Superman who accepts kryptonite from a poorly disguised Richard Pryor to him crushing Clark Kent in a car compactor to a woman turning into a robot at the end of the movie this film is 100% crazy with a capital C!
½ July 28, 2015
An annoying sense of humor and lack of superheroity make Superman III not so super
July 21, 2015
This installment in the franchise is so ridiculously silly that not even Superman himself could save it.