Superman IV: The Quest for Peace - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace Reviews

½ July 28, 2017
The first act introduces some good ideas, but the execution of them is cheap, in both senses of the word, stilted and often insulting to the characters and the audience. The follow-through gets increasing silly and stupid with things happening without explanation (or because scenes were cut). The two pillars of the franchise that could always be relied upon to coast it through its past low points were the cast and the score, but both of them are mostly absent here: the actors are justifiably disinterested and the music is dull and generic with the presence of the iconic theme being muted and other great pieces from the series missing entirely. There's some comic book fun that can be eeked out in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way, but even that is limited.
July 24, 2017
Production issues aside, its clear that he fourth entry in the franchise wanted to distance itself from its predecessor with immediate effect, characters and all connections are severed with great effect. Bringing back Hackman who has been sorely missed, even if his character is just as bland and wasted. Reeves is enigmatic as usual and the film's strongest grace. Yet, it just has so many inconsistencies with poor and at times patronising special effects, even re-using previous sequences from the franchise which is appalling. The script is as equally disjointed with such a ridiculous and forced him feel with a social commentary that is just complete and utterly wasted.
July 19, 2017
The Superman films were never going for subtlety and yet they still more or less hold up even today, their kitsch 80s aesthetics making them a fun blast from the past. This is definitely not the case here. The effects are awful, the action totally underwhelming and half-arsed and the script uninteresting and often full-on idiotic (the hair triggering the plot, Superman moving the moon, Lacy breathing in space etc.). The only positive thing I can think of is Jon Cryer's performance and that's it.
½ June 27, 2017
F-
The second movie in a row that caused me to hate Superman for being in movies. This movie was what I like to call "a cash grabber." The makers of the movie had no intentions what so ever on making a movie that someone would want to see. Instead they decided to take the money of many innocent people and let them watch this terrible disaster.
The first thing I hated about this movie was the special effects. Nothing had changed from the original Superman movie. In fact the effects may have been in worse shape than before.
Next lets mention the stupidest parts of the movie. Superman saves a human in space. They start to have a conversation in space!!!!!!!!! Am I the only one who sees this as a problem? A human talking in space, with no oxygen. Are you serious? Then Superman fills a rope basket with nuclear missiles. How in the world does he somehow find a basket made of rope that can fit fifty nuclear missiles? These are just the two stand out things that made this movie bad. I'm sorry if I didn't point out all the other awful things about the movie, but those were just the two that stood out to me most.
This movie is a worthless piece of trash that doesn't even deserve a half star.
June 26, 2017
It was nice to see Gene Hackman again but other then that there is nothing good about this movie. The plot is simple and the action is boring.

3.5/10
½ June 13, 2017
Easily one of the worst movies of all time. The only saving grace about this one (and the previous one) is Christopher Reeve as Superman.
June 7, 2017
Easily one of the worst movies I ever saw
½ June 5, 2017
I watched this on Netflix to see how bad it was and then...
May 28, 2017
Nuclear Man's grunting and roaring noises are hilarious.
½ May 20, 2017
One of the worst movies I have ever seen ever. There are no expressions whatsoever, and, god, those special effects hurt my soul!
½ April 29, 2017
Once again bad comic story to make into a movie but still a decent movie. At least Lex was back. Ending of Christopher Reeves as Superman. Corny just like number 3 but I like this one too.
½ April 27, 2017
OMG this was so bad and chrisopher should have been ashamed lol
½ April 17, 2017
OMG! What the hell happened? There just aren't the words to adequately describe the crap fest that is Superman 4. Little to nothing makes sense, the effects are largely dreadful and the editor must have been crying himself to sleep at night with what he had to work with. A pitiful end to the Christopher Reeve era.
March 20, 2017
The only peace this movie achieves is the feeling it gives you once it's over. Boring and dull, this franchise stumbles to a conclusion without ever progressing the characters relationships.
March 14, 2017
This to be fair is my drunk guilty pleasure movie.
February 5, 2017
Not the best superman movie, but I love them all.
½ January 21, 2017
the worst superman movie super cheesy
½ December 25, 2016
I actually originally saw this in the theatre. Definitely a lower budget movie (Canon Films produced this as they were falling apart as a company), but has all the prominent actors once again returning. This, the fourth entry features a much more convoluted story often lacking continuity; it is much goofier than any of the others. Superman shows his hippie side as Gene Hackman is a black market nuclear arms dealer who creates a nuclear-powered anti-Superman. The Hackman's nephew must have inspired Scott Evil. I wanted to like this more, but the penny-pinching was obvious in all aspects of the movie.
½ November 9, 2016
wow this movie was an embarrassing just for its dumb villain.
October 19, 2016
As if "Superman III" wasn't terrible enough, now they give us this nightmare.

2/10 - Garbage