Superman IV: The Quest for Peace - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace Reviews

November 21, 2017
The really need to blow up this early Superman franchise after the second film and it just got worse and worse ending with this pile of garbage. Nuclear man? Really?
November 19, 2017
OK, so after watching the first three movies for a whole day, (which was very fun at the time) Finally I played on the last of the awesome Superman movies. I had to laugh at how poor the acting was, it was as if the creators didn't had any ideas for the Superman finale. Christopher Reeve, which is one of my favorite actors seemed tired of this at some scenes. I wanted more adventure, more awesome scenes, but everything was done wrong. I give it a 7/10, just because I'm a Superman fan.
November 18, 2017
Superman: There will be Peace, there will be peace when the people of the world want it so badly that their governments will have no choice but to give it to them". Positive messages that no one Thinks about, if only we thought more about the depth & tone than the CGI & budget & special effects maybe we'll see the film isn't as bad as what people make it out to be.
½ November 16, 2017
Really bad Superman movie
½ November 6, 2017
This movie didn't make sense
October 31, 2017
A very poor superhero film
October 15, 2017
Bad, but enjoyable bad.
jamrcla
September 26, 2017
Not many people would agree with me but I actually liked it more that the third, It's still a very poor film, Full of plot holes and poor acting, The effects were cheap, The action was poor, I didn't mind the plot apart from the whole Nuclear Man origin thing, It's the shortest Superman film which we have to thank for, It's a shame the original movies ended how they did as it really puts a whimper on the first two.
½ September 2, 2017
This is one of the worst movies ever made, filled with cringe-worthy "special" effects, a well-intended but goofy and cheesy plot, an atrociously funny villain and some of the worst dialogue and action sequences ever made. Not even Reeve's charismatic performance can save this movie from being terrible.
½ July 28, 2017
The first act introduces some good ideas, but the execution of them is cheap, in both senses of the word, stilted and often insulting to the characters and the audience. The follow-through gets increasing silly and stupid with things happening without explanation (or because scenes were cut). The two pillars of the franchise that could always be relied upon to coast it through its past low points were the cast and the score, but both of them are mostly absent here: the actors are justifiably disinterested and the music is dull and generic with the presence of the iconic theme being muted and other great pieces from the series missing entirely. There's some comic book fun that can be eeked out in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way, but even that is limited.
July 24, 2017
Production issues aside, its clear that he fourth entry in the franchise wanted to distance itself from its predecessor with immediate effect, characters and all connections are severed with great effect. Bringing back Hackman who has been sorely missed, even if his character is just as bland and wasted. Reeves is enigmatic as usual and the film's strongest grace. Yet, it just has so many inconsistencies with poor and at times patronising special effects, even re-using previous sequences from the franchise which is appalling. The script is as equally disjointed with such a ridiculous and forced him feel with a social commentary that is just complete and utterly wasted.
July 19, 2017
The Superman films were never going for subtlety and yet they still more or less hold up even today, their kitsch 80s aesthetics making them a fun blast from the past. This is definitely not the case here. The effects are awful, the action totally underwhelming and half-arsed and the script uninteresting and often full-on idiotic (the hair triggering the plot, Superman moving the moon, Lacy breathing in space etc.). The only positive thing I can think of is Jon Cryer's performance and that's it.
½ June 27, 2017
F-
The second movie in a row that caused me to hate Superman for being in movies. This movie was what I like to call "a cash grabber." The makers of the movie had no intentions what so ever on making a movie that someone would want to see. Instead they decided to take the money of many innocent people and let them watch this terrible disaster.
The first thing I hated about this movie was the special effects. Nothing had changed from the original Superman movie. In fact the effects may have been in worse shape than before.
Next lets mention the stupidest parts of the movie. Superman saves a human in space. They start to have a conversation in space!!!!!!!!! Am I the only one who sees this as a problem? A human talking in space, with no oxygen. Are you serious? Then Superman fills a rope basket with nuclear missiles. How in the world does he somehow find a basket made of rope that can fit fifty nuclear missiles? These are just the two stand out things that made this movie bad. I'm sorry if I didn't point out all the other awful things about the movie, but those were just the two that stood out to me most.
This movie is a worthless piece of trash that doesn't even deserve a half star.
June 26, 2017
It was nice to see Gene Hackman again but other then that there is nothing good about this movie. The plot is simple and the action is boring.

3.5/10
½ June 13, 2017
Easily one of the worst movies of all time. The only saving grace about this one (and the previous one) is Christopher Reeve as Superman.
June 7, 2017
Easily one of the worst movies I ever saw
½ June 5, 2017
I watched this on Netflix to see how bad it was and then...
May 28, 2017
Nuclear Man's grunting and roaring noises are hilarious.
½ May 20, 2017
One of the worst movies I have ever seen ever. There are no expressions whatsoever, and, god, those special effects hurt my soul!
½ April 29, 2017
Once again bad comic story to make into a movie but still a decent movie. At least Lex was back. Ending of Christopher Reeves as Superman. Corny just like number 3 but I like this one too.