Supernatural Activity - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Supernatural Activity Reviews

½ January 19, 2014
I laughed some. It's garbage but I laughed.
½ November 25, 2013
This movie is a waste of time
November 21, 2013
I laughed my butt off during this whole movie! There are spoofs of the paranormal genre but this is the funniest! I'll definitely watch it again soon.
November 19, 2013
Fucking horribly pathetic!
November 18, 2013
overall shit movie but there are some funny moments and some stuff that bad you laugh at it. watched once wont before again
October 30, 2013
ben franklin flew a kite so you could be here
½ October 24, 2013
Boring and not at all funny.
½ August 2, 2013
Megan is Missing is a piece of artwork compared to this trash... If you enjoy great cinematography and nice lighting, but terrible writing and completely lame characters, this movie is going to be a hit for you! For me, it was a total miss. Nothing in this movie shines in any sort of way other than the lighting in the background. I think I giggled in maybe 2 scenes... but not once was there a laugh that was out loud. Sorry Derek Nixon, try harder next time, or don't... because this movie felt like it tried way too hard to be funny.
August 2, 2013
Greating lighting, great camera quality, and at least their hearts were in the right place. Okay, that's it, I'm done trying to compliment this film. Good lighting and quality are nothing without a worthwhile story, interesting characters, etc. It's a parody movie that isn't remotely funny. If you want to laugh, go watch Megan is Missing.
July 25, 2013
Expected alot from this movie cause it was the first spoof but disappointed badly
June 23, 2013
Stupid comedy. Not bad not great.
½ April 14, 2013
It's an average horror movie spoof. If I could, I would give it a 0, but provides at least 2, maybe 3 laughs.
½ April 13, 2013
Wow this was crap that's all I gotta say about this one
½ March 24, 2013
Waste of film and time
March 14, 2013
Supernatural Activity (Derek Lee Nixon, 2012)

What was the last spoof movie that was any good? I can't actually answer that question, but it certainly came before Scary Movie, team Wayans' Scream spoof that spawned an entire genre of critically-savaged, ever-worse movies that continually redefine the term "dumb". Worse, they've spawned second-rate imitators, and second-rate imitators of fourth- or fifth-rate movies, well, you can see where I'm going with this. While I'm not going to deny that Supernatural Activity does generate some laughs (certainly more than team Wayans has managed collectively since the death of In Living Color), this is a movie for which the phrase "beyond stupid" could easily have been coined, had it not existed already.

Nixon, an actor (Hallettsville) directing his first feature, gives us a presumably-comedic take on the currently-hopping horror subgenre of reality-TV-takeoffs-where-supernatural-investigators-actually-encounter-the-supernatural. And while this movie has no redeeming qualities whatsoever-it is bland, unfunny, stupid, and not worth a single minute of your time-I have to admit that once I started watching it, some masochistic part of me couldn't stop. And I hate myself for continuing to watch, but I did, down to the bitter, all-too-predictable end. Please don't make the same mistake I did, but be warned: if you stumble upon this on TV late one night, you'll be trapped in a situation more horrific than you'll find in any movie of the type this monstrosity is supposedly spoofing. *
½ March 9, 2013
Holy crap that was so bad. It tried to be funny, but most often I just found myself raising my eyebrow or rolling my eyes.
February 24, 2013
Probably about 20 mins or so too long, can only take so much plot stretching.
February 9, 2013
You can't go into this movie expecting something serious. It was ridiculous and it was just what I needed to cheer me up: Completely silly. It's only worth it if you're an avid horror movie watcher, otherwise the jokes will go over your head.
½ February 5, 2013
Very amateur production
½ February 2, 2013
A complete waste of time.