Superstición (1982)

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Superstición Videos

Superstición Photos

Movie Info

In this thriller a foolish minister disregards the warnings of his new parishioners and moves his family into a home that sits upon property once owned by a 300-year-old witch who is anxious to get revenge against those directly or indirectly involved with her violent death.
Rating:

as Rev. David Thompson
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Superstición

All Critics (2)

If you're in the mood for a low-budget 80s curio with pretty good practical effects and inventive death scenes, Superstition is worth sitting a spell.

Full Review… | December 23, 2006

45 seconds of half-decent gore mired in a movie so lifeless it's almost scary. Almost.

Full Review… | October 21, 2006
DVDTalk.com

Quote not available.

Full Review… | November 17, 2006
Science Fiction, Horror and Fantasy Film Review Database

Audience Reviews for Superstición

Surprisingly effecting early-80's low-budget horror flick. With creative death scenes and very well paced, it is quite good for its era and /budget. The Goblin-esque score helps quite a bit. Worth a peak.

Paul Cardullo
Paul Cardullo

My initial review: "Um yeah, so there's a witch, there's some flashbacks, there's death by largely unseen parties, it's all kinda boring except when someone is dying. It's also interesting to notice that no matter HOW MANY fucking people die in this old house, the local church seems hellbent on making a family live there, it's kinda ridiculous. Pass, unless you're some sort of 80's horror completist." Having given it a second look without realizing that I'd seen it before I'm bumping that original score up a bit, as it does have some creepy moments, perhaps I was just too harsh on the initial viewing. Rental?

Bill Bryant
Bill Bryant
½

THIS IS "THE ONE WITH . . . " the witch who is drowned in a lake with a GIGANTIC WOODEN CROSS and comes back to life. Its frightening and stuff but the make-up effects TOTALLY wreck-up the movie: the phony head EXPLODING in the microwave-oven really FOULS-UP the movie (CRAP-LEVEL production values). THIS ALSO is one of the most "I can't remember the title but have seen . . ." movies around.

Gordon Terry
Gordon Terry

Superstición Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss Superstición on our Movie forum!

News & Features