Support Your Local Gunfighter Reviews

• Brendan N Super Reviewer
    Jun 25, 2015

some funny moments but doesn't have the heart the first team up had, funny at times but definitely a step down compared to support your local sherriff.

• Mar 30, 2015

good mix of western and comedy

good mix of western and comedy

• Jan 11, 2015

Very funny classic western.. I love James Garner. With dialogue like this, how can you lose? Jug: I'm supposed to pretend I'm Swifty Morgan? Goodbye! Latigo: They're willing to pay. Jug: How much? Latigo: One thousand dollars. We'll split it fifty-fifty. That means four hundred for you. Jug: That seems fair. But I think that... Latigo: No, no you don't. That's part of the deal. I do the thinking, you stand around and look tough.

• Oct 05, 2014

Sequel to "Support Your Local Sheriff" offers a pretty similar story of conman James Garner taming a wacky town in the wild west, mostly with his wits instead of his guns or fists. Burt Kennedy returned to direct this entertaining, though awfully silly, west. Jack Elam, Harry Morgan, Henry Jones, Dub Taylor and Kathleen Freeman all also return for this sequel and are joined by the very likable Suzanne Pleshette, Joan Blondell, Chuck Connors, Marie Windsor, and John Dehner. It's a complete piece of fluff, but it's a very amiable film

• Aug 11, 2014

Support Your Local Gunfighter is charming. It's interesting how this isn't a sequel to Support Your Local Sheriff, even though it features many of the same actors. It's completely silly, especially the ending, and it's totally predictable, but there's something endearing about this story about a con man in the old west. Rest in peace, James Garner.

• Apr 10, 2014

A remake of "Suport your local sheriff". This is the better of the two films.

A remake of "Suport your local sheriff". This is the better of the two films.

• May 17, 2013

A good comedy western.

A good comedy western.

• Apr 07, 2013

Some great humour. One of my favourites, "I never should have given him that book on napoleon. Now he always sticks his hand in his vest."

• Mar 25, 2013

Good enough to have been a Disney film from Uncle Walt. Exceptional cast, but focus on Ellen Corby, Suzanne, and Jack. We all know and love Jack, right?

• Dec 20, 2012

I love these movies! I do highly recommend this one and "Support Your Local Sheriff"