The Sure Thing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Sure Thing Reviews

½ October 14, 2013
John Cusack and Daphne Zuniga play university students who take a whole movie to realize they are meant for each other. The movie-going public are aware of it from the moment we see them, but these two think they despise each other. A fun 90 minutes!
June 16, 2013
One of the better John Cusack roles. He is so funny in this. Yeah, it is one of those films were you know how it will end when the party guy that needs to settle down goes on a road trip with the prude who needs to loosen up. But like I said, Cusack is so good and has amazing chemistry with Zuniga.

Nicolette Sheridan, aka the Sure Thing, is pretty much used to show some skin. I believe she's in a bikini almost every scene. She was super cute back then...pre-plastic surgery.

Also a great soundtrack as well.

Tim Robbins has a smaller role, but maybe the best part in the film.
½ May 16, 2013
Oldie but goodie! Cusak and Zuniga are part of what made the 80's fun as they did in this well written film.
April 27, 2013
I barely remember this. Daphne Zuniga was an exciting actor who completely dropped off the radar.
½ March 17, 2013
a young john cusack at his best here,never seen this before and for a near 30 year old film holds up well still. daphne zuniga really was adorable back then.
March 7, 2013
The Sure Thing is the It Happened One Night of the 80s, with an awesome breakout role for John Cusack, modeling the characters he would play later on his career. For a teen comedy it sure has a heart!
March 2, 2013
I assume that many would find four stars to be too much to give to a romantic comedy but I think that The Sure Thing deserves that rating. This is really one of the best romantic comedies I haver seen. It is definitely one of Rob Reiner and John Cusack's best movies.
½ February 6, 2013
Very likeable, and very decent 80's coming-of-age teen love story...with no baked apple goods.
½ January 15, 2013
i fucking love john cusack
January 10, 2013
One of the greatest movies of all time!
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to seeing!
November 28, 2012
Cusack + 80's = good time
½ October 27, 2012
Gibby really blows it when he passes on Nicolette Sheridan. She looked pretty good in her white bikini. Not bad but film's biggest failure is that Cusack and Zuniga just aren't that likable in this.
October 3, 2012
Ah now this is why John Cusack is great, in one of the best 80's rom-coms.
September 27, 2012
One of the best romantic comedies ever made...
September 23, 2012
the sure thing is that i love drop rides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 2, 2012
A decent road picture filled with memorable supporting performances such as Lindfors as the English professor and a sweet love story.
½ August 12, 2012
this is how teen growing up movies should be made.
½ June 11, 2012
Great road trip movie. About a college student going on a road trip to get what is believed to be "A sure thing"...
May 17, 2012
Watching this movie right now... I love it. Anything with John Cusack in the 80s is awesome!