Reviews

• Oct 20, 2013

It's good to see Joel Torre in a Hollywood film together with Billy Zane. Even the villains are our very own aswang, too bad the movie came out as a B-movie.

• Jun 23, 2013

Very enjoyable ripoff of a cross of Predator and Cannibal Holocaust. A film crew is in a remote jungle creating a survival documentary and find a native tribe killed. There is a legend of shape-shifting creatures that want pregnant women for whatever reason, and one man is after hidden gold. There is a lot going on, and some very interesting characters. Acting is pretty good, and the story is fun, if a bit unoriginal.

• May 27, 2012

Mendoza and Torre are great as Filipino actors... and take note aswangs are real...

• Aug 11, 2011

25th April 2011 Yet again another movie i watched a few days ago but have totally forgot.

• Aug 01, 2011

Not so bad horror film

Not so bad horror film

• Mar 01, 2011

Billy Zane is only thing decent in this flick. No horror in horror movie is sad, BUT no monsters in monster movie is worse. AVOID

• Feb 20, 2011

treš treševa pa čak i pomalo lošiji od toga, pomalo dosadnjikav, sveukupno prilično loš dojam

• Feb 09, 2011

A documentary crew filming on a remote island in the Philippines are totally unprepared for the terrifying horror that awaits them. After watching the first few minutes of this movie, I was convinced that I was going to be subjected to another low budget piece of direct to DVD rubbish. But surprisingly enough I found 'Surviving Evil' quite an enjoyable watch. The story is slow, and full of the standard cheese you would expect in a monster movie, but as a whole it all comes together quite nicely. At times the style and storytelling reminded me of the classic monster movies like 'Creature From The Black Lagoon' and the like. The actors all play their parts very well, and it always a pleasure to see Billy Zane in any movie. The monsters are as over the top as you would expect, but could have done with a bit more fleshing out. Seeing that there is only a smalll cast, the gore is not gratuitous, but when it does happen is good and squishy. All in all this is an above average movie, and worth a watch.

• Jan 22, 2011

Not actually as bad as I thought it was going to be. Worth watching on TV.

Not actually as bad as I thought it was going to be. Worth watching on TV.

• Aug 06, 2010

I've seen worse. At least the silly monsters in this are based on a very real legend and not just silly monsters someone dreamed up for the film - like that daft plant thing in "The Ruins".